Our Last Trip to GNP

Well, tell us how your trip went. We all want to hear about your special experience.

Moderators: Tara, Kathy

VickiH
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Our Last Trip to GNP

Post by VickiH »

I always check this page when we have a trip coming up so that I can get a "fix" as I anticipate our coming vacation. I have always hesitated to put my own reports here because you guys really have your stuff together and I pretty much don't. We don't do a lot of hiking in our regular life and, as such, we might not always do things the way a "real hiker" would! But, I decided to throw the last trip up here in hopes that it will bring some joy to someone else who, like me, is counting the days until their 2014 trip arrives. This is just the intro; keep hitting "next" at the end of each day's report for the next day. Hope you enjoy it!

http://vicki-h.travellerspoint.com/94/

ND
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Re: Our Last Trip to GNP

Post by ND »

Excellent trip report and beautiful photos. About the blisters, I think many of us have been there and done that at one time or another. :oops: They were bad though, glad you found a way to tough it out.
Last edited by ND on Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

isleroyaleguy
Donator
Donator

Post by isleroyaleguy »

Right On
Awesome report! Love the pics!...sorry about your pain. But you guys seen and did a ton. Way to tough it out. Once again, nice TR. Thanks for sharing. It really got our juices flowing for this year's trip..
IRG

mikie

Post by mikie »

When I arrived at work this morning, I had expected to get a lot done today. But, after reading a few paragraphs into your blog, I suddenly realized that I had to read the whole thing. Wonderful story telling, and great trip report. Hope to see more in the future.

About fifteen years ago I broke my toe just before leaving for Glacier. Hiked in Teva's for two weeks. Got a lot of strange looks. But, hey it worked. Flip-flops and tape was a good solution.

McNeill78

Post by McNeill78 »

First, great trip report that has me fired up for out trip in Sept. But OMG those blisters looked unbearable. I was wondering how long before you were going to go with the sandals. I once had to use a pair of insoles as shoes to get a young scout out of Linville Gorge. He told me that the boots fit fine last year! Insoles and duct tape the lightest shoes on the planet.

paul
Donator
Donator

Post by paul »

Vicki,
I really enjoy your Trip Report, thanks so much for posting it!
We are in the mountains and the mountains are in us. - John Muir

July Guy
Donator
Donator

Post by July Guy »

Thanks,

The quote on your blog is from The Good Doctor (Hunter S Thompson).

Someone recently posted it in our break room at work......
"So how was your trip to Minnesota, or Canada, or wherever it is you go?"

~ Coworker

Jen

Post by Jen »

BRAVO!!!!

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Thank you for posting!

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

BCD

Post by BCD »

Vicki-simply a fantastic report to read with only 2 weeks.for me until I go. It hit the spot. Thrilled to see your pics of granite park. Im going back there too, then up to the Grinell Overlook spur. I'm still toying on the return route.
-down to Swiftcurrent?
-back to Logan?
-or down to the loop?

Like you, I tore up my feet just as bad 5 years ago on a 40 miler back at Lake Francis. So this yr I have better fitting boots, liner socks, and moleskin.

itching to go after your report. Thanks for the pics-I know how much work that is!

ND Sol
Donator
Donator

Post by ND Sol »

Vicki,

Beautiful photos and great prose. Thanks for sharing.

brindledog
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Female

Post by brindledog »

Fantastic trip report. I literally went on-line to submit a picture of my broken Otterbox to get a replacement under warranty. While I was waiting for the pictures to load, I thought "I'll bet there are some good summer trip reports on the Glacier site." That was an hour ago. Enjoyed your trip report! Thank you.

Mzambo
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Female

Post by Mzambo »

Outstanding! I had to take a break to take our dog for a walk could not wait to get back to it. Those were some bad blisters, you are one tough cookie and a helluva writer too! Love some of your meal idea's too!

Jay w

Post by Jay w »

I enjoyed the report and the photography. It was well written and the photos show a good eye. You're photogenic. Thanks for posting.

Jay
The NSA...the only people in the government who listen.

VickiH

Post by VickiH »

I'm glad you guys enjoyed it. My husband accuses me of enjoying photographing and writing about our trips more than I even enjoy taking them! We head back to GNP later this month, so hopefully I'll be able to share another report with you in the near future. Preferably one with fewer blisters!

Bruce
Donator
Donator

Post by Bruce »

VickiH wrote:I'm glad you guys enjoyed it. My husband accuses me of enjoying photographing and writing about our trips more than I even enjoy taking them! We head back to GNP later this month, so hopefully I'll be able to share another report with you in the near future. Preferably one with fewer blisters!
Maybe take your old boots with you this time?? :roll:

All kidding aside - WONDERFUL trip report... I've been giggling for the past hour - you are a great story teller AND a dang good photographer! Well done.