Fatal Grizzly Enounters - Great Falls Tribune

Have you taken a great hike or want to? Post a note here about the various trails and hikes in the park.

Moderators: Ear Mountain, Kathy, Tara

Fatal Grizzly Enounters - Great Falls Tribune

Postby llholmes1948 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:13 am

The Great Falls Tribune has a photo gallery (148 slides) of Fatal Grizzly Encounters some of which relate to the Park. Maybe everyone else has seen this but I just came across it today.

To find it you go to the newspaper's home page and scroll down to the Gallery section. Maybe there is a more direct link to it but if there is I haven't found it.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/
llholmes1948
Donator
Donator

Re: Fatal Grizzly Enounters - Great Falls Tribune

Postby Pizza Bob » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:17 am

You can always earn more money, but you can't earn more time
Pizza Bob

Postby llholmes1948 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:34 am

Bob,

Thanks for taking a break from your busy Glacier Half Marathon training regimen to post the direct link. Hope your training is going well.

Lyman
llholmes1948
Donator
Donator

Postby joybird » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:26 pm

Thanks for sharing, Lyman.

Though you'd think that the GFTribune would be able to show pictures of the right trail (or even the right park) when you're talking about GNP and Yellowstone pictures, eh?

I know it can be hard to get pictures of the right places, but it still always irritates me.

Hmmm. Maybe this is another item for the "You Know You're a Glacier Addict" list. (Or maybe I should start a new one for "You know you're a Glacier snob if..."? :wink:)
joybird
Donator
Donator

Postby PeteE » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:52 pm

joybird wrote:Thanks for sharing, Lyman.

Though you'd think that the GFTribune would be able to show pictures of the right trail (or even the right park) when you're talking about GNP and Yellowstone pictures, eh?

I know it can be hard to get pictures of the right places, but it still always irritates me.

Hmmm. Maybe this is another item for the "You Know You're a Glacier Addict" list. (Or maybe I should start a new one for "You know you're a Glacier snob if..."? :wink:)

Joybird:
Back in the day when they had real " proof readers and editors", it was their job to catch that stuff.
Nobody cares now.

pete :wink:
PeteE

Postby here-we-go » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:49 pm

And subscriber and advertising has gone down because this thing called the internet surfaced. ;)

We're still 7 day subscribers to our local paper (and I've got digital subs to 2 add'l "papers") but the size of the paper and their staffs look nothing like it did 20 years ago.
here-we-go

Return to Hiking