Craggy Range, Whitefish

Have you had a good, bad or indifferent experience at a restaurant in the Glacier area? Let us know about it right here!

Moderators: Kathy, Tara

Craggy Range, Whitefish

Postby llholmes1948 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:18 am

Here is an article about the re-opening of the Craggy Range in Whitefish. I am a bit worried about this place. It sounds so entertaining that I am afraid if I stop there on my way to Glacier, I may never make it to Glacier.

Maybe Pete or some other Chatters can give us a review:

http://www.dailyinterlake.com/this_week ... e432f.html
llholmes1948
Donator
Donator

Re: Craggy Range, Whitefish

Postby PeteE » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:55 am

llholmes1948 wrote:Here is an article about the re-opening of the Craggy Range in Whitefish. I am a bit worried about this place. It sounds so entertaining that I am afraid if I stop there on my way to Glacier, I may never make it to Glacier.

Maybe Pete or some other Chatters can give us a review:

http://www.dailyinterlake.com/this_week ... e432f.html

I live about 2 blocks from Craggy Range.
I ate at Craggy Range a couple times before this latest remodel.
The food was good, but the place was too loud for me then. Conversation was hard.
It doesn't look like that part has changed 8)

Craggy Range looks like it's trying to compete with Casey's with this new remodel.

Maybe I'll put in some ear plugs and wander up there one night soon.
I'm not a "wrap" eater so I'll get a burger. I judge places like that by their burgers 8)

pete :wink:
PeteE

Re: Craggy Range, Whitefish

Postby dpratt » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:24 am

I only ate at Craggy Range once prior to the remodel and it was a typical bar. The burger was nothing that stands out in my memory. I think it was a Saturday night, so it was packed.

I've been there twice since the remodel, once for lunch with coworkers and once for an appetizer and drink with the Mrs. Big improvement, although it is still a bar, of course. Since I was there during the week, the crowd was mellow and it wasn't overly loud. It isn't the kind of place I would go on a Friday or Saturday night. The remodel turned out beautiful and the bar is kind of cool with a glass chiller built into the entire length.

I haven't had a burger there yet, but they have a good reuben and the black & bleu bite appetizer is awesome.
dpratt
Site Admin & Donator
Site Admin & Donator

Return to Restaurant Reviews and Recomendations