rental car info

Transportation can be a challenge in Glacier. If you have ideas, offer ride shares, or used a commercial service that you were happy with, let everyone know. Also, ask questions about road information, or share road information you may have.

Moderators: Kathy, Tara

Re: rental car info

Postby llholmes1948 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:33 pm

Glad to hear that you are making out well with your rental car and that is good information to know.

If you haven't done so already you should obtain some Montana visitor information by calling 1-800-847-4868 or at This will give you a lot of information on what there is for kids to do. Also contact the Whitefish Visitors and Convention Bureau and ask Jan to send you some visitor information. There are some activities at Whitefish Mountain in the summer which would probably appeal to kids.

You may also be able to find some horseback riding outfits outside the park which will accomodate 6 year olds. In the surrounding areas section of the Chat, I have posted links to Artemis Acres Ranch near Kalispell and to the DeBoo Ranch about 30-40 miles from East Glacier (it is a drive but in my opinion well worth it) so you may want to call them to check out that possibility. There may be other outfits closer to the park.

Re: rental car info

Postby mike1234 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:00 pm

perzeetorres wrote:I am trying to find info on Cheapest Rental Cars at West Glacier. I know I have rented cars in the past at both east and west glacier... but those times were both pre 2001.

At west Glacier the car was waiting for us with the keys in it and our name on the dash!

We are taking the Amtrak into West Glacier, shuttling up to Lake McDonald for three days and then plan to pick up a rental car and stay at Swift current for 3 days before driving to Kalispell to fly home. I know there are shuttle possibilities, but I have "points" that I can use to get around $300 off car rental.... so that is my first choice. Plus from what I can tell a shuttle would cost $25 each way for my family of 4, so that adds up pretty fast if we want to go to Waterton, or do some rafting...

Does anyone know of companies who rent cars at west glacier? Or other options?

I did a search on this site and didn't find anything current...

Previous year when I went to west glacier I rented a car from Hertz rental cars, they provide self-driven or chauffeur driven or relax in one of luxurious motor coaches in Glacier NP!..

Return to Road Information and Transportation