Delta airline

Transportation can be a challenge in Glacier. If you have ideas, offer ride shares, or used a commercial service that you were happy with, let everyone know. Also, ask questions about road information, or share road information you may have.

Moderators: Kathy, Tara

Delta airline

Postby scott-atl » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:52 am

Delta has offered to credit my son's account w no charges if they decide not to come out Saturday . They have a 1 year old and concerned about air quality. But, talking w friends there now, (eastside), no big deal.

I had to fly back 2 days early in July for a family business situation. Delta charges were $8.50 per ticket.
scott-atl
Donator
Donator

Re: Delta airline

Postby liketohike » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:15 am

it is great that delta is willing to do that.

scott-atl wrote: But, talking w friends there now, (eastside), no big deal.

I've been watching the web cams the last couple of days and was somewhat worried...it does not look very good:-(
liketohike
Donator
Donator

Postby here-we-go » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:45 am

That's wonderful service from Delta. As I mentioned, it cost us $200/ticket when we had to reschedule a trip to Yellowstone/GTNP last year due to a family illness.

In the end, we ended up using the credit to purchase tickets to a must closer destination for a wedding. Since the tickets were actually $200 less, they didn't cost us anything (other than the fact it was the most expensive ticket I'd ever 'purchased' for a 1 hour non stop flight).
here-we-go

Postby scott-atl » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:57 pm

when we had to fly back early in july the agent quoted a $208.50 penalty per ticket. but just some friendly prodding got her to drop the $200. the agents have more leeway than a lot of folks realize. if the original agent holds fast, ask for a supervisor, but be nice about it.
scott-atl
Donator
Donator

Return to Road Information and Transportation