Uber from Glacier International Airport to Kintla Lake

Transportation can be a challenge in Glacier. If you have ideas, offer ride shares, or used a commercial service that you were happy with, let everyone know. Also, ask questions about road information, or share road information you may have.

Moderators: Kathy, Tara

Uber from Glacier International Airport to Kintla Lake

Postby roarka13 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:35 pm

Hello all,

My mom and I are planning to hike from Kintla Lake to Granite Park as our summer hoorah. Any idea if uber will transport us from Kalispell to Kintla? Really would appreciate some feedback!
roarka13

Re: Uber from Glacier International Airport to Kintla Lake

Postby PeteE » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:44 pm

roarka13 wrote:Hello all,

My mom and I are planning to hike from Kintla Lake to Granite Park as our summer hoorah. Any idea if uber will transport us from Kalispell to Kintla? Really would appreciate some feedback!

There is no public transportation allowed past the Polebridge entrance to the park.
UBER would have to drop you there at the entrance.(There is substantial fine for commercial services if they get caught in the park illegally)
You would then have to rely on hitchhiking the last 14 miles to the Boulder pass trailhead--about a 1/4 mile before you get to Kintla Lake.
Depending on the time of the year, that's not usually difficult.
Hitching is pretty common out in that part of the park since there is no transportation available.

You could get UBER to let you out at the Polebridge Mercantile, located about a mile before the Polebridge entrance.
Always a lot of people coming and going to the park that stop there.
Getting a ride there might work better if things are busy.
It takes about 45mins to an hour to drive to BOU trailhead from Polebridge.
KIN is only 6 miles and UPK is about 12 miles.
So if you get out there before noon, preferably earlier, you'll have plenty of time to get to either of those campsites.

pete :wink:

PS
You could also hang around the chat. You might get lucky and find someone who will be headed out that way on the date you need.
Stranger things have happened.
Or post your need on other sites.

Polebridge Mercantile---hanging out there is what many people do. 8)
PeteE

Return to Road Information and Transportation