Rebuilding Sperry Chalet

A place to talk about Glacier in general, if you have something that is political, please post it in the "Politics" section of the chat system.

Moderators: Kathy, Tara

Re: Rebuilding Sperry Chalet

Postby PeteE » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:25 pm

A couple suggestions to make life easier when staying in the chalets--works for tent camping too.
Carry a headlamp that has a "red lens". Plenty of light to get around without disturbing others like a "white" light does.

Due to a medical condition, I carry a 1 liter wide mouth bottle(well labeled :) ) to eliminate having to walk to the outhouse multiple times a night.
Obviously this works best for guys, but I know that some women can use this method as well.
And last, you gotta have an accommodating/understanding room mate---if that applies 8)

pete :wink:
PeteE

Postby llholmes1948 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:48 am

brindledog wrote:Lyman,
Someone, somewhere is saying, "I hope the lighting on the 2nd floor is better because one year, this complete stranger came in my room because he couldn't see his door!" :D

Yes I think I have had problems twice in the 2nd floor hallway of the old Chalet, both during the daytime. Those hallways were pitch black and you couldn't see the doors to the rooms very well at all. At least at night I would carry a flashlight and could see fine.

One afternoon I walked into the wrong room but it fortunately it was unoccupied. I looked around and thought: "Gee, they rearranged the furniture in our room!" before realizing my mistake.

The other incident was when I walked into an occupied room. Fortunately nothing embarrassing was going on and the room's occupants were most gracious in dealing with a confused and uninvited stranger.

Lyman
llholmes1948
Donator
Donator

Postby teapot57 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:33 am

Too funny, Lyman! I have memories of feeling my way along the walls to find my door at the end of the hall. Never walked into the wrong room though. :D

One time shortly after arriving, my group was talking while settling into our room. We didn't realize how thin the walls were until the person next door chimed in on our conversation.
teapot57

Postby Bruce » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:26 pm

Brindledog - thanks so much for those photos.

Just so dang happy to hear Miss Sperry has been rebuilt. Doin' my happy dance! Hope to see some of my old pals out there this year.

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Bruce
Donator
Donator

Postby Jay w » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:01 pm

Bruuucce!!
The NSA...the only people in the government who listen.
Jay w

Previous

Return to General Glacier Discussion