Late Sept Trip 9/17-9/22 Key swap?

Let us know when you will be visiting,

Moderators: Kathy, Tara

Late Sept Trip 9/17-9/22 Key swap?

Postby dtchang » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:20 pm

Hi Everyone!

Doing Bowman to Kintla on 9.17 and coming out 9/22 at Kintla. BOW-HOL-BOU-UPK-KIN. Doing the trip solo so trying to figure out how to arrange transportation after I finish my hike. I'm thinking hitchhiking / key swap is my best option at this point. Any takers on a key swap? Any advice / tips would also be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
dtchang

Re: Late Sept Trip 9/17-9/22 Key swap?

Postby NJ Scott » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:57 am

dtchang,

I believe that your best option is hitchhiking, which I have done. You can drive your car to Kintla on 9/17, and hitchhike back to Bowman to start your trip. Your first day to BOW is relatively easy, and a late start would not complicate your trip. I would get up to Kintla early, so you can possibly catch a ride from someone that is leaving the campground in the a.m. It is a great feeling knowing that you are hiking to your car on the last day.
NJ Scott

Re: Late Sept Trip 9/17-9/22 Key swap?

Postby dtchang » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:13 pm

dtchang wrote:Hi Everyone!

Doing Bowman to Kintla on 9.17 and coming out 9/22 at Kintla. BOW-HOL-BOU-UPK-KIN. Doing the trip solo so trying to figure out how to arrange transportation after I finish my hike. I'm thinking hitchhiking / key swap is my best option at this point. Any takers on a key swap? Any advice / tips would also be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

That's a great idea. Didn't think of it that way. Thank you!
dtchang

Return to 2019 Trip Dates