Kintla Lake to Bowman Lake. Aug 15 - 18

Let us know when you will be visiting,

Moderators: Kathy, Tara

Kintla Lake to Bowman Lake. Aug 15 - 18

Postby tyndra » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:59 am

Looking for ways to get from Kintla Lake to Bowman Lake or vise versa. We’ll be entering Kintla Lake on the 15th and exiting at Bowman Lake on the 18th. Please reply if you are interested in coordinating a car swap.

Thank you in advance,

Vadim
tyndra

Re: Kintla Lake to Bowman Lake. Aug 15 - 18

Postby Jay w » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:12 am

The choices (I can think of are):

-hitchhike
-bike
-walk

People have gotten creative with a second car or swapping keys with someone else, but I think the first two are reasonable.

You might enjoy:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8008&hilit=kinta

Arrg,

Jay
The NSA...the only people in the government who listen.
Jay w

Postby PeteE » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:47 pm

Jay w wrote:The choices (I can think of are):

-hitchhike
-bike
-walk

People have gotten creative with a second car or swapping keys with someone else, but I think the first two are reasonable.

You might enjoy:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8008&hilit=kinta

Arrg,

Jay

Jay w pretty much said it all.

Hitching isn't as dangerous as people believe. See my comments elsewhere on the chat the Bowman-Kintla shuttle "conundrum".

There is an outside chance of hooking up with someone in Polebridge and working a private deal.
The Polebridge community has a online bulletin board that might help you in that regard.
Public transport is not allowed past the gate at the Polebridge Ranger station.

The good news, if that's what it is, is that people in that part of the park and surrounding area know how difficult it is for backpackers.
The Bowman-Kintla shuttle conundrum-- I just made that up 8) --is a known fact of life around here....and so getting a ride usually isn't difficult.
However, that's my own private view.

I know it wastes a day, but that itinerary would be worth wasting the day before you begin if it solves your car spotting/shuttle problem.
And it's not like the North Fork is an "ugly" part of the world. 8)
Polebridge is a really cool little community, very friendly people.
During the peak season months there is a lot of park visitor traffic coming to Polebridge.
Nothing is certain in life but I would be pretty confident that over the course of a day you could make it happen.

pete :wink:

Hey Jay!
Maybe I should rent out my bike to Bowman-Kintla shuttlers 8)
I'd tell the them that if they messed me over, I'd have my lil buddy Clyde the Raven put some bad ju ju on them! :arrow:

PeteE

Postby Jay w » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:15 pm

Ha, Juju (grin) says that the crow researcher book doesn't have much about crows and more about woman's careers and standing aside for their men. She doesn't think you'd like it.

Jay
The NSA...the only people in the government who listen.
Jay w

Return to 2018 Trip Dates