This is a lengthy document, including revisions and FAQs. These are all listed as tools and to be used if necessary. The things that stood out to me after a brief skim:
- Beyond a GTTSR permit system, they are also considering it for trails such as Siyeh, Highline, Avalanche, HIdden Lake, etc
- There are metrics for cars they have on the road in general as well as each parking lot - People at one time (PAOT)
- Adding bathrooms for Preston Park(Siyeh), Haystack (Highline) and Hidden Lake
- Modify shuttle stops based on usage - presumably reduce for 'lower levels of usage', they specifically mentioned Siyeh
- Prohibit overnight (backcountry) parking along GTTSR
- Expanding parking lots at St Marys
- Many references to guided tours and group size- seems to infer this is a root issue
- Considered adding trails, but ultimately didn't due to resource limitations: Siyeh to Lunch Creek to Logan Pass. Others interesting ones were listed in the FAQ: "Sun Point, Heaven’s Peak Lookout, Triple Falls, Logan Pass double waterfall, Hidden Lake to Dragon’s Tail, Hidden Lake to Sperry Trail, Lunch Creek to Piegan Pass, Siyeh Pass to Otokomi Lake, Lake MacDonald, Ole Creek, Harrison Lake, Alder Trail and Lost Lake."
Interested to hear others thoughts on these items.
The only comment I'd have is I understand the reason to limit backcountry overnight parking, but there better be a reasonable alternative for those looking to get an early start on their first day or a reliable exit on their last day (thinking dedicated bus(es) or priority in the morning for dropoffs and dedicated bus in the evening for pickups).