Sad News - David Parker has passed away

A place to talk about Glacier in general, if you have something that is political, please post it in the "Politics" section of the chat system.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

McKee80
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Re: Sad News - David Parker has passed away

Post by McKee80 »

I'd like to express my condolences as well. And share my experience with the site. In 2018, I wanted to go backpacking in Glacier and came upon this site. It was a bucket list type trip, knowing that it is unlikely that I would be back. I was met with more information than i could have imagined, genuine kindness, a palpable love for the park, and a willingness and generosity to share information. What Dave started was invaluable to my trip, and has caused me to be more eager to share my information with people taking trips to places I've been. I'd hate this wealth of information to disappear for the next person that needs it, and I'll be happy to help with whatever is needed should it come to that. In the meantime, I'll donate.
Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

My condolences Debby, I can't imagine your loss. I'm not a regular here although it's been almost 10 years since I joined. But this was always a nice place and Dave was always here and a nice guy. Seems like we even traded a couple of PMs over the years.

Regardless, I'm sorry for your loss.
Debby P
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Female

Post by Debby P »

I would like to thank all of you for you thoughts and prayers. I would also like to thank you for your donations, with your help we were able to get the system upgraded and should be good to go for a long time.
brindledog
Donator
Donator

Post by brindledog »

The site looks great. Debby, please let us know when/how/if we can ever help in any way with this site or anything. We are just a few clicks away.
Fairbanks142
Donator
Donator

Post by Fairbanks142 »

brindledog wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:17 am The site looks great. Debby, please let us know when/how/if we can ever help in any way with this site or anything. We are just a few clicks away.
I echo that! Thank you Debby, we really appreciate it. And thanks to everyone that has donated to help Debby with the costs as well.
Debby P
Donator
Donator

Post by Debby P »

Ed35
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by Ed35 »

I am so sorry to hear of Dave's passing. He gave me invaluable advice during my first trip to Glacier with the family in 2005, down to which camping spot we should go for. He was instrumental to that visit and he will always be synonymous with the community and spirit of Glacier. If you need financial support for this site do let me know. Be well. Ed
solohiker5555

Post by solohiker5555 »

Debby, i am so shocked and sorry to hear this. Like others, i have not been active on this site recently but i will always remember the many ways in which you helped me (and my son, on one trip) solve the logistics of transportation to/from trail heads in 2005-7 (including distant ones like Kintla and Belly River) and many other details. You have generously made your home, your knowledge and your friendship available to so many of us and multiplied it many times over through this chat site for people that may have never met you. You both are very special people. Dave will be sorely missed but always remembered by so many. (I know the upgrade for this site is already more than paid for but i will add something to Paypal for you to use as you wish.). Solohiker5555.
Sue Z
Donator
Donator

Post by Sue Z »

Dear Debby,

I'm so sorry to hear that Dave has died. What a terrible loss for you and your family. May his memory be a blessing.

Being a member of this group has meant so much to me. And my husband and kids have benefited, too, from the epic family hikes at Glacier that we might never have experienced without the knowledge and advice shared so graciously by this community.

This must be a very difficult time for you. It's beyond kind of you to give attention to the chat page right now. I'm sending a donation even though you've met your original goal - to help with any unexpected expenses that might pop up. Please don't hesitate to ask again, as necessary.

With sympathy and gratitude,
Susan
Sue Z
john928
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by john928 »

This is very sad news. Never meet Dave, but this forum and the people on it made my first trip to Glacier in 2008 so memorable.
Happy to donate to keep things running for the next person who will have a great trip because of all the great information available here!
---------------------
John
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try."

Return to “General Glacier Discussion”