Some thanks

A place to talk about Glacier in general, if you have something that is political, please post it in the "Politics" section of the chat system.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Jay w
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Some thanks

Post by Jay w »

I was going through some old personal messages (to delete) and found a couple of heart felt notes of Selkie and TnTammy. I'm not sure I responded at the time, so (late), I'll say thanks now. (Some have turned off personal messaging, hence the public broadcast). The messages meant a lot. The topic was Floral Park, which I still think about.

http://www.glacier.nationalparkschat.co ... k&start=60

I re-read the account (starting at pg 3) last night.

Jay
The NSA...the only people in the government who listen.
Selkie
2.1 Donator
2.1 Donator
Gender?: Female

Re: Some thanks

Post by Selkie »

Jay,
I appreciate the callout - thanks.
Those Floral Park tournees were quite something (though I never did them).
I look forward to possibility of site re-normalizing in a few months, though most hiking sites that thrived in the aughts have withered in the teens.
TnTammy
Donator
Donator

Post by TnTammy »

Jay,
(Folks, Forgive if this sounds like a private message...just wanna make sure Jay sees it before a few years pass! :lol: )
Hey there! Sorry for delayed response, I'm just tuning in and glad to know that messages were received. Better yet that it was r/t Floral Park, one of the most thrilling trip reports in Chat history if i recall. I think i'll take some Christmas time-off to review that great adventure. Missing those awesome TR's from Toddnick. :D

This provides me the opportunity to offer similar thanks for your trip report of Utah explorations and my regrets for not sharing back when i spent a couple of weeks there last October. BUT as i travelled over Boulder Mountain toward Escalante and saw the very few bikers making it to the top of what was thousands of feet of steep incline, i certainly toasted you for having attained that prize....your summer's jaunt to Iceberg Notch being a similar glorious achievement. Helluva photo from there, Jay:!: :!:

We missed this summer's trip to GNP. Though we lucked into a permit for a jaunt in the Belly, my mom stroked and i needed to be with her (fortunately, her recovery was very good).

I am still hopeful of contributing a worthy trip report in 2022 but the first will have to be in the "Other National Parks" section as March/April Mike and I make our way back to the San Rafael Swell/Capitol Reef area.
We are sitting on some July/August reservations in GNP....fingers crossed for an awesome permit that would make the return a must.

Speaking of awesome TR's, shoutout to TIBBER. I haven't read all the installments of this year's wonderful trek but i have been back to the same ones a couple of times over just to savor the great photos and all the superb detail of flora, fauna and esp geology. Shame on me for not responding promptly but i have really enjoyed them, thanks for sharing Tibber.

Cheers to you Jay and all the Chatters this Holiday Season!!
May you all get to experience Joy in the outdoors this coming year!
Good luck training for the Birkie, Jay...keep us posted,
Tam
tibber
2.0 Donator
2.0 Donator

Post by tibber »

TnTammy wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:50 am Jay,
(Folks, Forgive if this sounds like a private message...just wanna make sure Jay sees it before a few years pass! :lol: )
Hey there! Sorry for delayed response, I'm just tuning in and glad to know that messages were received. Better yet that it was r/t Floral Park, one of the most thrilling trip reports in Chat history if i recall. I think i'll take some Christmas time-off to review that great adventure. Missing those awesome TR's from Toddnick. :D

This provides me the opportunity to offer similar thanks for your trip report of Utah explorations and my regrets for not sharing back when i spent a couple of weeks there last October. BUT as i travelled over Boulder Mountain toward Escalante and saw the very few bikers making it to the top of what was thousands of feet of steep incline, i certainly toasted you for having attained that prize....your summer's jaunt to Iceberg Notch being a similar glorious achievement. Helluva photo from there, Jay:!: :!:

We missed this summer's trip to GNP. Though we lucked into a permit for a jaunt in the Belly, my mom stroked and i needed to be with her (fortunately, her recovery was very good).

I am still hopeful of contributing a worthy trip report in 2022 but the first will have to be in the "Other National Parks" section as March/April Mike and I make our way back to the San Rafael Swell/Capitol Reef area.
We are sitting on some July/August reservations in GNP....fingers crossed for an awesome permit that would make the return a must.

Speaking of awesome TR's, shoutout to TIBBER. I haven't read all the installments of this year's wonderful trek but i have been back to the same ones a couple of times over just to savor the great photos and all the superb detail of flora, fauna and esp geology. Shame on me for not responding promptly but i have really enjoyed them, thanks for sharing Tibber.

Cheers to you Jay and all the Chatters this Holiday Season!!
May you all get to experience Joy in the outdoors this coming year!
Good luck training for the Birkie, Jay...keep us posted,
Tam
Such nice sentiments! and thank you.

Glad to hear your mom is doing well. I'm sure that was a little scary.

Sounds like you've got a good start for planning 2022. I hope to return to Glacier again, plus I always go to the ranch.

I did go to the Biltmore Estate in Asheville and the Great Smoky Mountains late October. I highly recommend a trip there for people if you haven't been; especially the drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway outside of Asheville, the Fall colors were stupendous!

Cheers to all the Chatters out there. I hope you all have a wonderful Holiday and that 2022 will be healthy!

Angela
Jay w
Gender?: Male

Post by Jay w »

Miss Tammy,

Thanks for the shout out. We really enjoyed Utah and will be back. Our favorite trail was one along the road to Escalante (forget the name, but it started at the bottom). It had a lot of Native American presence, granaries, petroglyphs, etc. About that climb, I didn't know what I was getting into until I went down the big hill for a mile or two pushing 40 mph. (What goes down...). When Judy asked about my bike gearing, I should have taken the hint.

I guess this goes to Tibber too, but I've always wanted to hike the Belly. That and the Nyack are the big areas I haven't really explored. Maybe as I start eyeing retirement, I can book a backpack in the Belly. I've gotten glimpses from the trail to the tunnel and Ahern Pass, but the route up to Stoney Indian sounds great. Tibber, the trip report is a big book to open. I've read thought the text and viewed a few videos, but confess I haven't looked at them all. Good stuff (I liked Ahern Pass) and I appreciate the effort. Videos are super time consuming. (One reason I quit doing them. I say that after my brother gives me a second GoPro.)

As for the group, I think we're rudderless. Meaning I don't believe there are any admins left, so if you have a problem with your account....that's it. You have a problem with your account.

I'm planning to copy all my trip reports off the site just in case (or when) then site goes off line.

Take it easy on the cookies...

Jay
The NSA...the only people in the government who listen.

Return to “General Glacier Discussion”