Pay.gov Form Problems

Are you a seasoned hiker, or just starting out? Let us know your questions or experience with the backcountry permit process.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

sbosecker
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Pay.gov Form Problems

Post by sbosecker »

I started trying to fill in the Pay.Gov Backcountry Advance Reservation Form today. I was trying to fill it out and thus have it ready to launch tomorrow. Pay.gov warned me that the form wouldn't go live until tomorrow but I could fill it out and save it today. I was able to fill out the form until I got to the first itinerary's first campsite.

At this point I clicked on the campsite field and the form looked like it was trying to offer me a drop-down list of campsites. However there was nothing in the drop-down list and I was unable to type in a campsite.

Has anyone else attempted to fill out the Pay.gov Advance Reservation Form?

Scott
teapot57
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Re: Pay.gov Form Problems

Post by teapot57 »

Yes, there is definitely a problem with the drop down menu. Please try emailing them— there is a contact us link on the forms page. Hopefully enough requests will get them to fix the problem quickly.
sbosecker

Post by sbosecker »

teapot57 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:37 pm Yes, there is definitely a problem with the drop down menu. Please try emailing them— there is a contact us link on the forms page. Hopefully enough requests will get them to fix the problem quickly.
teapot57,

It seems to be working now!

EDIT: ...maybe not. I entered the campsites for the first itinerary and... wait a minute... are they only allowing one itinerary (as opposed to 4 in previous years) per form this year? It's labeled "First Choice Itinerary" but there aren't the usual second, third & fourth choices available to fill in.

Best regards,

Scott
teapot57
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Post by teapot57 »

No- you can still request up to 4 itineraries. But there’s a place on the first page where you select how many you’d like to try for, and then it will only let you complete how many you choose.
sbosecker

Post by sbosecker »

teapot57 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:31 pm No- you can still request up to 4 itineraries. But there’s a place on the first page where you select how many you’d like to try for, and then it will only let you complete how many you choose.
teapot57,

There's so much to know... Let me check on that. EDIT: That fixed it.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Scott

Return to “Backcountry Permits”