A little info about the BC permitting

Are you a seasoned hiker, or just starting out? Let us know your questions or experience with the backcountry permit process.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Heff936
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

A little info about the BC permitting

Post by Heff936 »

In trying to figure when we might get notice about our application, we checked with some friends and it turns out that between 0:46 and 1:00 on the timestamp there were 73 permits issued. These were issued almost exactly 3 days apart (between about noon on Tuesday to noon on Friday) so it looks like they are only issuing about 25 applications per day. :shock: This is both good and bad if you are still waiting.

It seems to me, based on this that there must be only one person processing the applications. If you are familiar with the old lottery system, being in the first 200 gave you good odds of getting your desired route. So you still stand a good chance of getting your permit but if this rate continues it could be a long time before all the permits are issued. :x
Jen

Re: A little info about the BC permitting

Post by Jen »

Thanks for the info, Heff!
Heff936
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by Heff936 »

They must have dramatically speed up the process since there was only 73 permit numbers issued over roughly 3 days last week and then in the 3 days beginning last Friday mid day to mid day Tuesday my permit # was 895 higher than the one issued on Friday.
NDjason
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Post by NDjason »

Heff936 wrote:They must have dramatically speed up the process since there was only 73 permit numbers issued over roughly 3 days last week and then in the 3 days beginning last Friday mid day to mid day Tuesday my permit # was 895 higher than the one issued on Friday.
Or maybe it's like a McDonalds or Chick-Fil-A where each person at the counter has a different starting point for order numbers...? Just typing the name Chick-Fil-A makes me want a chicken sandwich.
~ jason

Return to “Backcountry Permits”