GNP 2019 - SBE to KLE

Well, tell us how your trip went. We all want to hear about your special experience.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

zozeppelin
Special Contributor
Special Contributor
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Re: GNP 2019 - SBE to KLE

Post by zozeppelin »

Thanks everyone, a long way to go on the photography front, especially with high standard others have set here.

Regarding the GPS overplot, that is exporting from my garmin and importing into google earth, with some tweaks on the data display to see the trails better. It's always amazing to look back and see what distance/terrain you covered from a birds eye view.
Fairbanks142
Donator
Donator

Post by Fairbanks142 »

PeteE wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 1:20 pm Next time while waiting at the shuttle stop(any shuttle stop), put your thumb out, aggressively so.
Take whatever ride comes first. Often as not you will get a ride all the way to your destination.
That plan works better if you have a sign to hold that is neatly printed on white paper with a "thick" sharpie...
And not scrawled on a beat up piece of brown cardboard with a "thin" black sharpie--the method popular with local "panhandlers".

This idea probably wouldn't have worked well in your case with a party of three, but it might have if you were able to flag a pickup truck---like mine :)

So, for the benefit of others reading here today, hitchhiking does work in GNP. I've done it many times.
I can also attest to hitchhiking in the park. Plenty of kind people...it just takes some patience. How's this for a plan:

I'll get a parking spot super early at Logan Pass. Hike out the Highline Trail to Granite Park, and then exit down at the Loop. From there I'll have a neatly printed, large-Sharpie sign that says "I HAVE A PARKING SPACE FOR YOU AT LOGAN PASS". Think it will take long for someone to give me a lift? :)
Fairbanks142
Donator
Donator

Post by Fairbanks142 »

And thanks zozeppelin for posting this trip report. Great pics!!

Return to “Trip Reports”