Ideas on carrying water with my lowepro lens trekker 600 aw

Well, what's the best and what's the worst? Let's talk about all those things we carry to make our trips more comfortable...

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

jamesdak
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Ideas on carrying water with my lowepro lens trekker 600 aw

Post by jamesdak »

I'm trying to figure out the smart way to carry water on the days I take my big lens on long hikes.

I'll be using this bag:

Now on one side will be a tripod. On the other side is where I plan to carry water. Now I already have an Osprey day pack with a 3L reservoir and I'm initially thinking to just use that reservoir. But I need a way to attach it to the bag. Preferably something insulated and protective. Any ideas? My other option I guess is just get a couple of bottle holders and then carry a couple of 48oz bottles or so. I tend to go through a lot of water.

Any other ideas I'm not thinking of? A better solution? I'm not a backpacker so I might be missing an obvious solution. I want to get this worked out this week so I can test it over the long hikes the next couple of weeks before I head out there. Going do a 16 miler next week up and over the local mountains and I'm hoping to do it with this setup to test things out.

thanks,
Jim
Marmotman
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Re: Ideas on carrying water with my lowepro lens trekker 600

Post by Marmotman »

I had a similar need about 10 years ago and came across an add on pocket made by REI. I don't think they make them any more but did find this:

http://www.rei.com/product/878471/ospre ... ocket-pack
jamesdak
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by jamesdak »

Thanks very much, I'll try and find something like that local this weekend so I can really tell if it will work. :D
mattB
Donator & Special Contributor
Donator & Special Contributor
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Post by mattB »

I found a little zippable pocket container that wiil hold one 20 ounce bottle, and it has a belt loop. I use one of these to carry a bottle of water so I can get to it easily without taking my pack off. You might look for something like that, maybe a bottle on each hip.

If at doesnt work theres always those hard hats that hold two beer cans and have a tube that goes down to you mouth! :-)

Return to “Backpacking Gear and Such”