Xanterra Website Reservations Horrible

General Lodging information.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Chip
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Xanterra Website Reservations Horrible

Post by Chip »

Been awake since 1 AM my time to make sure I got into the reservation system for next August. I got in the Que and had picked my rooms at 2:08 my time. So eight minutes after they opened. I spent the most of the next hour and 45 minutes attempting to pay and finish that reservation. Finally at 3:43 I after reentering my payment data 16 times,I got a message that said my cart was empty and that I needed to start over. Of course my room choices were long gone by then. In fact my daughter never got in. Not exactly sure how to fix this problem but there must be a better way.
brindledog
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Female

Re: Xanterra Website Reservations Horrible

Post by brindledog »

Amen and amen. Last year and the year before, it was 3 hours with 3 different computers and two browsers each, trying to get one of my orders to move to completion without crashing, plus hitting redial 200+ times. Sometimes I got as far as entering payment information and then lost it. I felt like a day trader. This year, I couldn't even get in - I got an error message or a "site down for maintenance" message. That was my sign. I booked elsewhere. I don't know if it's travel groups gobbling up all the rooms, but it's a mess. I have found that if you hang back and search periodically between now and end of year, some Xanterra stuff may open up. Good luck!
PeteE

Post by PeteE »

And to add insult to injury...
The people at Xanterra management could care less about your troubles and frustration.
Why?
Because they know that demand is such that at the end of the day, every room will be rented for every day of the season.
Oh they'll be really concerned and apologetic should you every reach them to complain. Part of their training in college and on the job.
But then y'all knew that, didn't you? 8)

Hope you get a room via a cancellation!

pete :wink:
"If you are not curious, you will learn nothing" -Goethe-

"When you're born in this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show.
And when you're born in America, you're given a front row seat."

George Carlin
indiana hiker

Post by indiana hiker »

I wonder if xanterra would give each park it's on reservation site if that would help. As it is, on the first of the month reservations are being tried for at multiple parks that they manage.
Chip

Post by Chip »

Pete
You are right I sent a message to Xanterra about my dissatisfaction with the reservation site and how it affected me. I got back the standard letter expressing their apologies and explaining nothing.
This is their response,

From: "reservations@xanterra.com" <reservations@xanterra.com>
To: "chip5658@yahoo.com" <chip5658@yahoo.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 1, 2020, 07:31:14 PM EDT
Subject: RE: FW: New submission from Contact Form

Dear Kenneth,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Due to the added traffic on the first of the month our sites can run much slower than normal. Feel free to give us a call and we would be happy to help you out. Please note we accept reservations up to 13 months in advance. We are currently booking from August 1, 2020 through the whole month of August 2021. Reservations become available at 12:00 AM online the first day of each month and over the phone at 7 AM. We are in the mountain time zone.

Since our availability can change so quickly, we do not quote availability via email or fax.

For your convenience, we are pleased to offer you the ease and ability to make secure, online reservations directly with us for no additional service fees. The majority of our rooms are represented online, so if your preferred dates are not available, please consider alternate dates. We occasionally receive last minute cancellations or arrival and departure changes, so you may consider bookmarking our website so you can easily come back to check the current availability.

Grand Canyon South Rim – www.grandcanyonlodges.com

*Operated by Xanterra South Rim, L.L.C.

Grand Canyon Grand Hotel- www.grandcanyongrandhotel.com

Zion Lodge – www.zionlodge.com

The Oasis at Death Valley – www.oasisatdeathvalley.com

Glacier- www.glaciernationalparklodges.com

If you need additional assistance, you may contact Central Reservations within the U.S.A. at 888-29PARKS (888-297-2757) or from outside the U.S.A. at 303-29PARKS (303-297-2757).

Our Central Reservations office is open 7 days a week from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm (Mountain/Colorado time).

Thank you and have a nice day!
Jake
Xanterra Travel Collection – Central Reservations
6312 S. Fiddlers Green Circle, Suite 600N
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
xanterra.com
Chip

Post by Chip »

With persistent trying we were able to secure a room for 4 for our 4 nights next August. Two of us checking website twice a day plus a phone call worked. We got Pinetop rooms. Never stayed in them any thoughts?
If your still looking for rooms keep the faith and keep trying.
brindledog
Donator
Donator

Post by brindledog »

I think the PineTop rooms are at Swiftcurrent. I have stayed in them before, but it was back when Glacier Park Inc was the concessionaire there. They were perfectly fine when I stayed (2008 or 2009) and my guess is Xanterra has given them a facelift so they have newer furniture and carpet.

It's a great location - proximity to great hikes, and if you want to spend time in the Many Glacier lobby reading or relaxing on the deck, it's right there.
Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

Chip wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:02 pm
If you need additional assistance, you may contact Central Reservations within the U.S.A. at 888-29PARKS (888-297-2757) or from outside the U.S.A. at 303-29PARKS (303-297-2757).

Our Central Reservations office is open 7 days a week from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm (Mountain/Colorado time).

Thank you and have a nice day!
Jake
Xanterra Travel Collection – Central Reservations
6312 S. Fiddlers Green Circle, Suite 600N
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
xanterra.com
I'm actually positive on Xanterra, lodging and restaurants, less so on communication.

I don't know if Jake is the whipping boy or default Blah Blah Blah response. But after a terrible room at GC, Bright Angel Lodge, I wrote them how to avoid a ADA room, and "Jake" told me there was no such thing. Extra wide RR door, check. Roll in capable shower, check. Tiny room because of huge RR, check. "Jake" knowing nothing about the rooms, check. Grrrrr.

And at times trying to logon has been crazy, across multiple OS, across multiple browsers. And they feign ignorance. I'm not a tech pro, but I've built systems, I'm the extended family IT guy, I had admin rights at work for a decade, I have a pretty good idea of what's going on. They don't. Especially Jake, if such a person actually exists.

End of rant. :D
zozeppelin
Special Contributor
Special Contributor

Post by zozeppelin »

Xanterra is having a Thanksgiving sale: Link

Specific to Glacier: Link

30% off Cedar Creek and 15% off the rest using code CYBER
Shanejr

Post by Shanejr »

Lol you didn't respond to that guy's problem, but posting promotional deals on that thread :lol:

Return to “Lodging”