Moderators: teapot57, Tara

brindledog
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Lodge Reservations to be Canceled if Someone Wants Them

Post by brindledog »

I made some reservations through Xanterra for a trip for my parents, which they are sadly unable to take. There are a couple of overlapping stays. It was crazy getting them booked and was waiting to coordinate on which they wanted, but my dad got very sick before I could figure all of that out.

As such, I will be canceling the following in the next few days. Please PM me if you are interested in coordinating so you can pick them up. I have not done this before - not sure if the best is to cancel them on-line at a set time late in evening or early in the morning and have someone pick them up. I assume the Xanterra system refreshes pretty regularly as reservations change, but I can't promise that's how it will work.

If anyone has had success in the past with canceling in the Xanterra system and allowing another person to immediately book, your feedback is appreciated.

Village Inn at Apgar, Kitchen with 2 Queens
Check-in: 9/2/2018
Check-out: 9/4/2018

Many Glacier Hotel, Standard Parkside, 1 Double / Shared Balcony
Check-in: 9/4/2018
Check-out: 9/6/2018

Lake McDonald Lodge, Small Cabin with 2 Doubles/Full
Check-in: 9/6/2018
Check-out: 9/8/2018

Many Glacier Hotel, Standard Parkside, 1 Double / Shared Balcony
Check-in: 9/8/2018
Check-out: 9/10/2018

Village Inn at Apgar, Family Room with 2 Queens and 1 Single/Twin
Check-in: 9/8/2018
Check-out: 9/10/2018
al_in_al

Re: Lodge Reservations to be Canceled if Someone Wants Them

Post by al_in_al »

I haven't had someone else try to book immediately, but I have cancelled rooms in GNP online (on several different occasions), and immediately searched and saw them available in the inventory (the days had previously been sold out, so it really appeared to be the same rooms back in the system a few minutes later). I did a similar thing at Zion (also managed by Xanterra), and the room was NOT immediately available. I'm not sure if the reservation system is different, or if this is something that could also happen at GNP.
indiana hiker

Post by indiana hiker »

I have cancelled rooms at Glacier and never saw them listed as available on the website. Last year I cancelled a lakeside room and checked a couple of times and it never showed up as being available. I would try to arrange to cancel on line at a certain time and if someone wants the room, have them on the phone with the reservation agent at that time.
brindledog
Donator
Donator

Post by brindledog »

Thanks for the feedback. If someone ends up wanting them, I’ll call Xanterra first to be sure the plan is solid.
Sue Z
Donator
Donator

Post by Sue Z »

Sorry for your parents' troubles. Praise for your thoughtfulness in helping fellow chatters.
Sue Z
brindledog
Donator
Donator

Post by brindledog »

Thanks a bunch. It's been a tough few months, but my parents were able to spend some time in Glacier about 8 years ago, so at least they were able to enjoy that visit.

I found a co-worker who is interested, and even if she doesn't end up taking some (or all) of them, I'm sure someone will be happy to find them once they are cancelled.

Return to “Lodging”