Blog post

Been to another area? Post your photos here.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Jay w
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Blog post

Post by Jay w »

Since the site is a bit slow, I'll post this.

https://tworightshoes.wordpress.com/202 ... ng-part-1/

It pretty much has nothing to do with Glacier, but it has pictures. There's a couple other posts to which you can navigate. Let me know if the linky works.

Jay
The NSA...the only people in the government who listen.
PeteE

Re: Blog post

Post by PeteE »

Jay w wrote:Since the site is a bit slow, I'll post this.

https://tworightshoes.wordpress.com/202 ... ng-part-1/

It pretty much has nothing to do with Glacier, but it has pictures. There's a couple other posts to which you can navigate. Let me know if the linky works.

Jay
Hey Jay:

The link worked ok for me. Nice write-up on your Birkie trip.
Sounds like you did have covid-19.

Just my opinion but it seems like many athletes who train and work hard all year have somewhat fragile immune systems.
And then there are slackers like me who rarely ever get sick. I went 8 years without calling in sick back in the 80's and 90's.
I had a pretty severe case of the flu in January 1997. Nothing since.
I've never been in a hospital other than the ER or minor day surgery procedures.

Must run in the family. My parents were rarely ill that I can recall. I don't recall my sister ever being ill. We attribute it to always being outside growing up. Swimming and playing in the "dirt" all the time. Our parents NEVER "wiped us down" with a disinfectant like parents do now--those "Wet Wipe" towel things didn't exist then.

Take care of yourself and Julie. You and Julie should take your new camper and go someplace fun---away from humans.
Take lots of pictures.

I like this couple on YouTube. Lots of good information on all aspects of photography.
They're fun and never boring.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDkJEE ... 2K2p9tnwYQ
"If you are not curious, you will learn nothing" -Goethe-

"When you're born in this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show.
And when you're born in America, you're given a front row seat."

George Carlin
Jay w

Post by Jay w »

Most athletes believe they are open to infections during a window after races or really hard workouts. I heard a podcast by Dylan Johnson (I think I have that name right) who said, Yeah, not so much and gave references. I didn’t follow the references, but it sounds like that’s being debated.

Anyway, in the winter, the 30 somethings with kids end up sick at work. After races, there’s often at least a group that gets together and talks if not a bunch of people for an awards ceremony. So both offer another good way to get sick.

BTW, did you check out the second post (Florida) and third one about the George Floyd deal? The links should be at the top of the page from the link I posted.

I’ll check out the YouTube video. (I only took a quick glance.)

Jay
The NSA...the only people in the government who listen.
PeteE

Post by PeteE »

Jay w wrote:Most athletes believe they are open to infections during a window after races or really hard workouts. I heard a podcast by Dylan Johnson (I think I have that name right) who said, Yeah, not so much and gave references. I didn’t follow the references, but it sounds like that’s being debated.

Anyway, in the winter, the 30 somethings with kids end up sick at work. After races, there’s often at least a group that gets together and talks if not a bunch of people for an awards ceremony. So both offer another good way to get sick.

BTW, did you check out the second post (Florida) and third one about the George Floyd deal? The links should be at the top of the page from the link I posted.

I did check out the Florida pics...and I liked them. The sunsets on Florida's west coast can be really, really good can't they?
I saw many of them during my very brief 8) college career when I lived on St Petersburg's Treasure Island. Twas the 1967, "the summer of love"...drunken beach bonfire parties and other unmentionable activities were frequent occurrences :mrgreen:
Looks like you and Julie had a good time in spite of the laws now prohibiting people drinking on the beach...which really sucks imo.
Panama City has some very pretty beaches, or at least they were 50 years ago. The sand on many Gulf coast beaches is literally BLINDINGLY WHITE.
I think Jay would agree that sun glasses are an absolute necessity for those of you considering going there.
Tell Julie HI!! :)

I’ll check out the YouTube video. (I only took a quick glance.)

Jay
"If you are not curious, you will learn nothing" -Goethe-

"When you're born in this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show.
And when you're born in America, you're given a front row seat."

George Carlin

Return to “Non-Glacier Photos”