Yellowstone Park Fox June 2016

Been to another area? Post your photos here.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Deb1741
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Yellowstone Park Fox June 2016

Post by Deb1741 »

My grandson Braeden has been saving for two years to buy a 600mm lens and was able to finally buy it about 3 weeks ago just in time for our annual June trip to Yellowstone. He was very anxious to get to the park and try the lens out. No grizzlies this trip (which is very unusual) but we were very blessed to come upon this gorgeous fox at the Yellowstone Picnic Area that was very proud of its kill and was very content to show off to Braeden and two other photographers that were there at the same time.

I am pretty sure we saw this fox during our April trip. We saw him below the picnic area going up the draw with an unita in his mouth and figured he would come out and cross the road up from the picnic area pullout so we drove past him and waited. The little stinker crossed right behind us as we were looking the other way. We were just able to get a blur of his fur in our pics that day so this sighting is especially sweet to us.

Braeden is super busy working 3 jobs this summer to save money for his freshman year at Montana State University so will probably work on getting photos from our trip online all summer long. We were finally blessed to find two different great horned owl nests which have been on our bucket list for years. We also had front row seats to a disagreement between two black bear sows that had their two cubs of the year in trees. Separate post of videos I took of that interesting interaction will follow. We also were able to get some pics of harlequin ducks for the first time. As soon as Braeden gets more of the pics online I will post them.
Deb
"There is no snooze button on a cat that wants breakfast" ~ unknown
"Today is your day, your mountain is waiting, so get on your way" ~ Dr. Suess
indiana hiker
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Re: Yellowstone Park Fox June 2016

Post by indiana hiker »

Nice photos. Can't wait to see the bear pictures. It's wonderful your grandson is so interested in photography.

Return to “Non-Glacier Photos”