Osprey Cam

Have questions or comments about the various organizations that work within or around the park, also a place to post updates and new features added to the Official Glacier Park Website.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

GlacierWebguy
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Osprey Cam

Post by GlacierWebguy »

The new Osprey Cam went online today. Check it out at the Glacier National Park webcam page!
osprey1.jpg
llholmes1948
Donator
Donator

Re: Osprey Cam

Post by llholmes1948 »

Bill,

That looks great and thanks for getting this up and going.

One question: What direction is the camera facing?

Lyman
Glowski
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Post by Glowski »

Bill,

Very cool! Looking forward to watching the new cam!!! :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Val :mrgreen:
GlacierWebguy

Post by GlacierWebguy »

llholmes1948 wrote:Bill,

That looks great and thanks for getting this up and going.

One question: What direction is the camera facing?

Lyman
I think it's pointed pretty much to the east-northeast. I think we should see the sun in the image first thing in the morning. I'll have to check tomorrow if I get up early enough!

Thanks,
Bill
Rose
Donator
Donator

Post by Rose »

Loving the new cam.... :mrgreen: Thank you!
~Dreams Often Become Realities~
Farmgirl
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Post by Farmgirl »

I love the osprey cam too!!! Is the Goat Haunt cam going to be back in buisness this summer or no?
llholmes1948
Donator
Donator

Post by llholmes1948 »

Bill,

Here it is 9:30 A.M. in the East and I don't think those ospreys are awake yet.

Can you have someone go and shake the pole so we can get the day started?

Thanks,
Lyman
GlacierWebguy

Post by GlacierWebguy »

Lyman

Hummm shaking the pole might be viewed as wildlife harrassment. :D

They were pretty talkative yesterday when we were over there and two were flying around the nest a lot. One of them seems pretty tied to the nest so I hope that means incubation is going on.

Bill
Todd
Donator
Donator

Post by Todd »

Lyman and Bill,

At 1:00 PM EDT, 10:00 AM MDT, they were very active. They must have had their coffee. I am having issues posting the picture, but here is the link to photobucket.

Very nice Bill. :arrow:

note edited by admin to show the image, for some reason the last part of the URL was incomplete
llholmes1948
Donator
Donator

Post by llholmes1948 »

Todd,

Looks great. I am glad we didn't have to shake the pole to get something going.

Lyman
Todd
Donator
Donator

Post by Todd »

Thank you admin.

Shaking the pole reminds me of a story, forgive a middle age man for his stories, but that is our right.

One day I was kayaking out on the North River. The North River is a tidal river and meets the South River at the ocean where the rivers, tides, and wind can be tricky. Well, I was at the Sand Spit, a sand bar just inside the mouth, and saw a fenced area with signs. I couldn't read the signs from my angle (see above about age mimitations), :?: so I walked over to read the signs. But as I was getting closer, birds were squaking and flying close by. :!: I kept my eye on them, and they got more daring and flew closer. One bird would head straight at me, then veer off at the last moment. :shock:

I got close enought to read the signs, which warned people not to approach the nesting areas of the Piping Plovers as they will ATTACK.

Piping Plovers don't have talons like Osprey, and plovers don't have a beak like an Osprey, but even at my age, I know I wouldn't shake the Osprey's nest.
GlacierWebguy

Post by GlacierWebguy »

GlacierWebguy wrote:Lyman

Hummm shaking the pole might be viewed as wildlife harrassment. :D ...
I just realized that I blamed the shaking the pole request on Lyman :roll: . Not sure what I was thinking, it was llholmes1948. Sorry about that Lyman. Funny thing is I got a number of email requests for the same thing. :lol:
daveparker
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels

Post by daveparker »

GlacierWebguy wrote:
I just realized that I blamed the shaking the pole request on Lyman :roll: . Not sure what I was thinking, it was llholmes1948. Sorry about that Lyman. Funny thing is I got a number of email requests for the same thing. :lol:
Well Bill,

You got it right, Lyman is indeed llholmes1948, so you were right on target!

:D

Dave
Kathy
Donator
Donator

Post by Kathy »

Todd wrote:Thank you admin.

Shaking the pole reminds me of a story, forgive a middle age man for his stories, but that is our right.

One day I was kayaking out on the North River. The North River is a tidal river and meets the South River at the ocean where the rivers, tides, and wind can be tricky. Well, I was at the Sand Spit, a sand bar just inside the mouth, and saw a fenced area with signs. I couldn't read the signs from my angle (see above about age mimitations), :?: so I walked over to read the signs. But as I was getting closer, birds were squaking and flying close by. :!: I kept my eye on them, and they got more daring and flew closer. One bird would head straight at me, then veer off at the last moment. :shock:

I got close enought to read the signs, which warned people not to approach the nesting areas of the Piping Plovers as they will ATTACK.

Piping Plovers don't have talons like Osprey, and plovers don't have a beak like an Osprey, but even at my age, I know I wouldn't shake the Osprey's nest.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks, Todd! - The cartoon in my head that went along while I was reading the above.....FUNNY STUFF!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Any Lyman....you "tongue-in-cheek" 'helpful suggestions' always crack me up!!! :lol:
"You never really leave a place you love....part of it you take with you, leaving a part of yourself behind."
So....Live well. - Laugh often. - Love much.----And get to Glacier as often as you can!

Return to “NPS Website News and Glacier Park Organizations”