Glacier looking for a volunteer

Have questions or comments about the various organizations that work within or around the park, also a place to post updates and new features added to the Official Glacier Park Website.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

elscout198
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Glacier looking for a volunteer

Post by elscout198 »

Dang if I was not committed to Rocky National Park, this looks like fun. :mrgreen:

I will hosting in ROMO starting July 15 anyone headed there after then drop me a note .

"Astronomy assistant volunteers will assist the Astronomer-in-Residence volunteer with setting up, taking down and monitoring the telescopes for the night sky astronomy programs offered during the summer months. Volunteers will provide general information and informal interpretation to visitors about the night sky which will help visitors understand the importance of the dark sky in Glacier National Park. They will also provide safety information to visitors. Volunteer will also assist with the solar viewing sessions in the afternoons.
The volunteer will be provided with mandatory training sessions prior to volunteering and is required to wear a uniform. A uniform shirt, nametag, hat and jacket will be provided. Dark colored pants and closed toed shoes are to be provided by the volunteer"

HOUSING & AMENITIES
Type: Trailer/RV Pads
Description: An RV space outside the park will be provided for this volunteer position

"There is no dark side of the moon, really. Matter of fact it's all dark"
(Eclipse by Pink Floyd, The Dark Side of the Moon)

Return to “NPS Website News and Glacier Park Organizations”