Eastside Restaurants

Have you had a good, bad or indifferent experience at a restaurant in the Glacier area? Let us know about it right here!

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

calicotraveler
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Eastside Restaurants

Post by calicotraveler »

Since we haven't been to Glacier in 2 years we've been wondering about restaurants on the eastside of the Park. Has anyone eaten at any of them this summer yet? I'm particularly wondering about Cattle Baron, Two Sisters, Johnson's Cafe, Park Cafe? That covers most of them. There is also the restaurant in the Many Glacier Hotel and Serrano's in East Glacier. Would like to find a place to have a good dinner. Or lunch.

These restaurants may have made some changes since the pandemic. So I was just hoping someone may have been to these and could let us know how they are now.

Thanks!
The mountains are calling and I must go.
PeteE
Gender?: Male

Re: Eastside Restaurants

Post by PeteE »

I ate breakfast at Johnson's the day after they opened. It was very good.
Two eggs scrambled perfectly(for me) 4 big strips of bacon cooked the way I like it(Done but not burned to a hard crisp)
Hash browns, toast, and coffee.
$13.00 if I remember.

I don't go to the Park Café anymore. It was awful when I tried in in 2018 and 2019.

There's a pizza place next door to Park Café that was "OK" but the wait time was really long in 2019.

Two Sisters is open and it was good imo back in 2019.
I like this place.

Not eaten in the Cattle Baron in 4-5 years but it was good, but spendy.

I've never thought the food was any good in the Many Glacier Hotel...plus it's way overpriced.
You don't go to the Many Glacier Hotel to eat, just the ambiance 8)

I don't eat at Serranos because I don't like Mexican food.

pete :wink:
"If you are not curious, you will learn nothing" -Goethe-

"When you're born in this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show.
And when you're born in America, you're given a front row seat."

George Carlin
calicotraveler

Post by calicotraveler »

Thank you! We have a place to stay on the eastside and can cook there but really do enjoy eating out occasionally. The breakfast you described at Johnson's sounds wonderful! Will also try Two Sisters...got a really good dinner there in 2019. Cattle Baron disappointing in 2019. They said their "saw broke back in the kitchen". Then I understand their chef left. Just wondering how that is this year. Used to be very good. Park Cafe hasn't been good since it was sold a few years ago. Used to have wonderful pies.

Thanks for the info!
kangiek

Post by kangiek »

Two Sisters is so good we ate there twice this trip (July 2021). We also tried Glacier’s Edge Cafe for breakfast for the first time, and really enjoyed it. Not much is open for lunch on the East this year due to staffing shortages, and they seam to be rotating days when they are open. Johnson’s, Park Cafe, the burrito place were all closed last Wednesday. We ended up eating at the food truck across the street. The Fry bread burgers were good, as was the pasta salad.
PeteE

Post by PeteE »

Service was VERY slow in the three places we had dinner this past weekend. Big shortage of help-- like all over the country. I felt bad for the wait staff. They're doing the best they can under the circumstances.

The delays in and out of Many Glacier can be up to 30-40 minutes weekdays between about 0700-1700.
So be ready for delays in some areas.

Pete

George Carlin
calicotraveler

Post by calicotraveler »

We tried to eat at Two Sisters a few days ago. It opens at 4 and closes at nine. Closed Thursdays. We arrived at 4:30. Lots of people already waiting. Our wait time was 45 minutes. Decided to fix dinner at our cabin instead. We had several good meals here in 2019 and will try again next year. Everyone is short staffed this year.
brindledog
Donator
Donator

Post by brindledog »

Agree 100% with Pete on the reason to dine at Many Glacier. The wait is long and we usually bring knitting, books, pencils and paper for the girls, and enjoy a beer while we wait. The restored dining room is wonderful. I would recommend sticking to burgers and sandwiches.

Sounds like we should be prepared to wait most places.
PeteE

Post by PeteE »

I have my Kindle with me all the time. 8)
There was a 38 minute delay for me going home on US2 at about MP 162(~6-7 miles East of Belton)
Alternate lanes open.

You can avoid some delays(in and out of the park) by traveling before 0700

pete :wink:

George Carlin
MarxMN
2.1 Donator
2.1 Donator

Post by MarxMN »

We ate at Two Sisters Sunday and Tuesday evenings this week (August 1 and 3). We arrived around 5:30. They told us a 20 minute wait once and a 30 minute wait the second time. Both waits were about 20 minutes. Food was very good. They are short of staff.

We ate at Serrano's in East Glacier Monday evening. There we had about a 15 minutes wait.

We also ate at Nell's at Swiftcurrent on Saturday evening. It is takeout or pickup only. Order at the counter then wait for the food. The booths and tables around the outside of the dining room can be used for eating. The pizza (pepperoni) was very good.

Return to “Restaurant Reviews and Recomendations”