Glacier Highland Resort (the Conoco Station)

Have you had a good, bad or indifferent experience at a restaurant in the Glacier area? Let us know about it right here!

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

wnysteve
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Glacier Highland Resort (the Conoco Station)

Post by wnysteve »

One evening, staying at Apgar Campground in the rain and not being too fond of Eddie's, we decided to take a chance on the restaurant at Glacier Highland Resort. Since this is an extension of the West Glacier Conoco gas station I did not have high expectations. On this I was proven wrong. They had an excellent barbeque dinner, among other selections on a broad menu. The service was as good as any we had on the entire trip. Both the waitress and the manager were standing by to ensure that we were happy with the meal. There were not many customers there and I assumed that people may tend to pass this one by.
isleroyaleguy
Donator
Donator

Re: Glacier Highland Resort (the Conoco Station)

Post by isleroyaleguy »

We were right up the road at the Vista. So we eat there for lunch and dinner the day before our BC trip. There were five of us and everybody enjoyed it. Decent prices for a good meal. And no crowds.

IRG.
pitamakan

Post by pitamakan »

The Highland definitely suffers because of its location -- the mobs heading straight for the Sun Road will always miss it. But a lot of Montana folks stop there, and I like the place. It's small-town diner-style food, but good quality, and it's a lot less hectic than some of the other places. It's also usually got a longer operating season than the other West Glacier businesses, which is nice for those of us who like getting up there in the shoulder seasons.
Selkie
2.1 Donator
2.1 Donator
Gender?: Female

Post by Selkie »

Is this the venue opposite the train depot and Glacier Historical Society?
If so, I heartily recommend it. They let me eat from the children's menu ( :D ), or I just tell them what I want and they figure out a price for it.
And I see many locals there who are not strangers to the place or the servers. It has a nice feeling.
(Those who have been to Jasper, AB, might remember "the restaurant in the gas station." Similar idea.)
llholmes1948
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by llholmes1948 »

Selkie wrote:Is this the venue opposite the train depot and Glacier Historical Society?
Yes, This is the place that has a gas station and convenience store/gift shop connected to the restaurant right across the highway from the train station. The motel rooms are on the hill just above the restaurant. The Belton Chalet is next door(just beyond the Glacier Highland office which is in the older building just east of the restaurant).

We have eaten there a number of times and have always been pleased with the food and the service. It is very convenient when staying at the motel because you can just walk down the stairs or driveway to the restaurant. The restaurant seems to get a lot of business from people who are travelling through on U.S. 2 and aren't even going to the Park.

Lyman
calicotraveler
Gender?: Female

Post by calicotraveler »

Glad to hear about this place! Will check it out next summer. :)
The mountains are calling and I must go.
elscout198

Post by elscout198 »

This be the place, we ate there twice !

"There is no dark side of the moon, really. Matter of fact it's all dark"
(Eclipse by Pink Floyd, The Dark Side of the Moon)

Return to “Restaurant Reviews and Recomendations”