Two Dog Flats cafe

Have you had a good, bad or indifferent experience at a restaurant in the Glacier area? Let us know about it right here!

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Stmarypete
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Two Dog Flats cafe

Post by Stmarypete »

We had dinner there on Wednesday evening and it was very good. I had the roast pork shank with potatoes and would love to have that for dinner once a week. The portion was huge, but I hung in there and finished whole dang thing. My daughter did not care for her whole wheat pasta alfredo, but her dessert chocolate cake was a killer! The others had burgers which were average. The strangest food of the week award goes to the Chia pudding. The huckleberry was interesting and tasty! The chocolate was flat out bad. It is alot like cold rice pudding or tapioca. Don't get the chocolate!
Ear Mountain
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Moderator & 2.1 Donator

Re: Two Dog Flats cafe

Post by Ear Mountain »

With all the comments about desert not being good and one entree being not so good how can you say the food was "very good?"
Text and photos Copyright 2007-2023.
Stmarypete
Donator
Donator

Post by Stmarypete »

My daughter is very picky, the whole wheat pasta was her best option and I thought it was good. The pork shank was actually fantastic. The burgers were burgers, no dissappointment, just burgers. The chocolate cake and ice cream was good and massive. The huckleberry Chia pudding was really good, just bizarre.
Ear Mountain
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Moderator & 2.1 Donator

Post by Ear Mountain »

All righty then. :)
Text and photos Copyright 2007-2023.
scott-atl
Donator
Donator

Post by scott-atl »

best dining room in the park. I've good and bad meals there over the years.
Stmarypete
Donator
Donator

Post by Stmarypete »

scott-atl wrote:best dining room in the park. I've good and bad meals there over the years.
I would totally agree. The view is great, the service is usually good and the food is variable. If you like pork you gotta try the roast pork shank. It was tasty and massive. I was stuffed!
tibber
2.0 Donator
2.0 Donator
Gender?: Female

Post by tibber »

Let's see, I had a few meals there:
the house side salads were great as they had good greens and no iceberg lettuce with other veggies.
the jalapeno elk brat with caramelized onions and kraut was very good.
I tried the warm breakfast cereal (not the oatmeal), though too much, was great with raisins and brown sugar.
I had a regular breakfast and a dinner (though I don't remember what it was).

Everything was good I thought. I've been there 5 years in a row and don't recall getting a bad meal for for the most part; the service is fine but leans a little on the slow side.
jamesdak
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by jamesdak »

I have to agree with others on the slightly slow service. The bright spot for the staff this year was the dark haired girl from Spain who was always on the ball, smiling, and basically really looking out for the diners. If the rest of the staff was as devoted the place would be excellent.

That said, I have pretty much always gotten a good meal there. Mainly it's late 9 pm dinners after a days hiking and such. I've done a few breakfast's there two right at opening time and the food was good and served very quickly.

I would definitely recommend the place.

Return to “Restaurant Reviews and Recomendations”