Eddy's in Apgar

Have you had a good, bad or indifferent experience at a restaurant in the Glacier area? Let us know about it right here!

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Stmarypete
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Eddy's in Apgar

Post by Stmarypete »

We had lunch at Eddy's this week and as usual the food was good. Nothing new here, same stuff as before, no apparent changes. The ice cream selections were less than before but the cones are ample and the location next to lake McDonald is tough to beat.
wnysteve
Donator
Donator

Re: Eddy's in Apgar

Post by wnysteve »

We've eaten at Eddie's over the years. Last year, one of us ordered a hamburger with lettuce, tomato, and mayonaisse. When it arived with no mayonaisse, we brought it to the attention of the waitress, who came back with a tiny pill-cup of mayonaisse. We made do with that, then paid the bill. I noticed that the register bill had an added line: "Mayonaisse...40 cents".

That was the last time we ever eat at Eddie's.
Stmarypete
Donator
Donator

Post by Stmarypete »

Yes, two of us had burgers arrive without mayo but we didn't get any extra charges. I don't think Easter Europeans know what Mayo is used for. Yup, most of the wait-staff is from there. The staff was very polite, prompt and enthusiastic.
brindledog
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Female

Post by brindledog »

Got take-out from Eddie's last week. The service was, in my opinion, markedly better than prior years. The food, however, was not. The menu seemed different to me. The dinner menu used to feature a "broasted" chicken (which tasted like fried - I'm still not convinced it was roasted). I ordered 1/2 baked chicken, thinking it was the same thing. It was literally like rubber and looked almost cartoonish - like the chickens that get up and run off the plate in the old Bugs Bunny cartoons. I have mentioned before that I am not a picky eater as far as taste goes. It was served with what I think were dressing/stuffing "patties" that were raw on the inside and burned, literally, black on the outside. It really was not good. I will stick to turkey sandwiches or salads/soups from now on.

I would not write Eddie's off based solely on this dish - maybe it was a bad night. But I would definitely think twice before ordering the baked chicken.

But, again, I cannot emphasize enough how friendly they were. There was a gentleman who appeared to be a manager who offered me something to drink, a seat, etc. while I waited for my order. The service was much better, which is a step in the right direction, I suppose.
jamesdak
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by jamesdak »

I ate there on my last trip too. Seemed the same as usual. The manager came to my table about 5 minutes after I ordered saying that the computers had crashed so they "missed" my order. Offered me a free desert. My order still arrived probably less then 5 minutes after the manager spoke to me.

All in all, I cannot complain. I don't got to Glacier for the food and really am not picky about these things.
daveparker
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by daveparker »

Broasted chicken is cooked in a pressure cooker and it looks a lot like fried chicken, but not with the extra grease associated with pan fried chicken, it is one of Deb's favorite ways to eat chicken.
calicotraveler

Post by calicotraveler »

We tried their huckleberry cobbler with ice cream this year and found it to be very good! :D
It actually surprised me as we have had some very average meals there in previous years so didn't go there for a meal at all. Just the cobbler which said that they make it in-house. Definitely will get it again next year!
The mountains are calling and I must go.
brindledog
Donator
Donator

Post by brindledog »

Their cobbler has always been great. Sounds like the new team may have kept the old recipe - or found one just as good.

Return to “Restaurant Reviews and Recomendations”