Big Agnes Fly Creek UL3 FOR SALE. FLY NEEDS REPAIR.

Have a piece of gear you have replaced or no longer need, pass it forward! Please no commercial posts, this section is for users to sell or exchange their gear that is no longer being used.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

b_kloos88

Big Agnes Fly Creek UL3 FOR SALE. FLY NEEDS REPAIR.

Post by b_kloos88 »

I have a 2 year old (maybe 3? can't find my receipt) Big Agnes Fly Creek UL3 for sale. The fly is in need of minor repair. It has 9 small abrasion holes (biggest about 2" long) in the fly, after blowing across my driveway while drying. I called BA and they said most repairs are under $15. I did not have time to ship it there and get it back in time, so I had to get a whole new tent. Anyway, the BA is now for sale. Also, after talking to BA, they said new fly from runs about $150. Other than the holes in the fly, the tent is in great shape. It has maybe 10 trips under its belt. There are no tears or holes that I can see, and it is washed and dried after each trip, including the stakes. I have all the bags for the stakes, poles, etc. This tent is awesome, so much so that I bought the exact same one to replace it. Here's the specs for the tent. I don't believe they differ very much from 2 years ago:

Material:
[body] nylon, polyester mesh, [fly and floor] nylon ripstop, silicone coating, PU coating (1200mm)
Capacity:
3-person
Season:
3-season
Wall Type:
double-wall
Freestanding:
yes
Poles:
DAC Featherlite Combi
Number of Poles:
Pole Attachment:
DAC Twist Clip
Number of Doors:
Number of Vestibules:
Vestibule Space:
12.5 sq ft
Ventilation:
mesh walls
Seams:
fully taped
Gear Loft:
no, sold separately
Interior Height:
42 - 22 in
Floor Dimensions:
90 x 66 x 60 in
Floor Space:
39 sq ft
Packed Size:
5.5 x 19 in
Fast-pitch Option:
yes, footprint not included
Fast-pitch Weight:
2 lb 5 oz
Trail Weight:
3 lb

Packed Weight:
3 lb 8 oz
Recommended Use:
ultralight backpacking, backpacking, camping
Manufacturer Warranty:
lifetime

This tent is $450 new. I'd like to get $210 for this one, and I'll ship it for free. I can text photos of all the holes in the fly. I took the photos with my phone, so it's easiest to text them. PM me with your number and I can text the photos to you. If you are interested and can't receive picture messages, I can email the photos to you. Thank you.
Brian

"A road is a dagger placed in the heart of a wilderness."
Talusman
Donator
Donator

Re: Big Agnes Fly Creek UL3 FOR SALE. FLY NEEDS REPAIR.

Post by Talusman »

very interested see pm
b_kloos88

Re: Big Agnes Fly Creek UL3 FOR SALE. FLY NEEDS REPAIR.

Post by b_kloos88 »

This tent has been bought...
Brian

"A road is a dagger placed in the heart of a wilderness."

Return to “Pass it forward - Gear Exchange”