SW Utah

Have you visited another National Park, you would like to share, although most are Glacier Fanatics, we love to visit any National Park, let us know about your experience here!

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Jay w
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

SW Utah

Post by Jay w »

Julie and I are thinking about going to SW Utah in Sept, but there are so many parks, we don't know where to start. Of course we want to book camping (with a smallish RV). Bryce and Zion are the famous ones, but I'm getting some pointers towards Escalante, and Kodachrome Basin.

Any tips? Let me know.

Thanks.

Jay
The NSA...the only people in the government who listen.
Ear Mountain
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Gender?: Male

Re: SW Utah

Post by Ear Mountain »

Nancy and I spend 2-3 weeks usually more in SE Utah and nearby Four Corner states every spring and sometimes in the fall. We tend to focus on exploring Ancestral Puebloan Ruin sites. No spring trip this year though. Not sure what later this year will bring but typically these are very busy places. Especially Bryce, Zion and Arches National Parks. I highly recommend reservations for campsites in those places you plan to visit.
Text and photos Copyright 2007-2023.
TnTammy
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Female

Re: SW Utah

Post by TnTammy »

Hey J,
Sent you a PM r.e. thoughts on a fall Utah trip. Mike and I have really enjoyed being out there that time of year. We happened to be in Zion as late as 2nd week of November and were surprised to see the color at near peak. There's an article in Outdoor Photographer that gives you nearly the itinerary i sent: "Autumn on Utah's Colorado Plateau".

https://www.outdoorphotographer.com/on- ... -color/amp

Have fun planning and good luck! Tam

Return to “Other National Parks”