Yellowstone, January 14-17, 2012 (Report/Photos)

Have you visited another National Park, you would like to share, although most are Glacier Fanatics, we love to visit any National Park, let us know about your experience here!

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

gohike
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Yellowstone, January 14-17, 2012 (Report/Photos)

Post by gohike »

You can read a full trip report here:
http://blog.shumwayphotography.com/2012 ... -2012.html
Inside of the blog post are links to images (as I write about them).

If you want to skip straight to the gallery full of images you can do that here:
http://www.shumwayphotography.com/galle ... 951_t9KJkH
Make the jump to go through the online gallery, I ask that you leave comments/criticism or at least give your favorites a thumbs up... THANKS!

If you have questions, ask... I published the camera information with each image and have added full keywords to share just about anything you would want to know about the images.

Happy shooting

Now it is time for the teasers:
A Golden Eagle devours a Goldeneye duck along the banks of the Lamar River in Yellowstone National Park. Captured with a Canon 7D and 500/4.0L IS in aperture priority mode with an exposure bias of + 1/3 at ISO200, f/7.1, and 1/250th of a second. The camera was resting on a beanbag.

A Bighorn Sheep, ram, looks down over the cliffside along the banks of the Lamar River in Yellowstone National Park. Captured with a Canon 7D and 500/4.0L IS in aperture priority mode with an exposure bias of + 5/3 at ISO400, f/7.1, and 1/640th of a second. The camera was mounted on a Gitzo 3540XLS and Induro GHB2 gimbal head with a custom long lens support.

Spindrift blows from the mountains as the sun sets on Yellowstone national Park, as seen from above Blacktail Lakes. Captured with a Canon 5D II and 70-200/2.8L IS II + 1.4TC III in aperture priority mode with an exposure bias of - 2/3 at ISO400, f/7.1, and 1/500th of a second. The camera was handheld.

The half moon sets over Barronette Peak el. 10354 feet (3156 m) on a clear morning in Yellowstone National Park. Captured with a Canon 5D II and 70-200/2.8L IS II in aperture priority mode with an exposure bias of 0 at ISO200, f/7.1, and 1/1000th of a second. The camera was handheld.

A Golden Eagle flies toward a carcass along the banks of the Lamar River in Yellowstone National Park. Captured with a Canon 7D and 500/4.0L IS + 1.4TC III in shutter priority mode with an exposure bias of + 7/3 at ISO200, f/5.6, and 1/200th of a second. The camera was handheld. (I'll admit that my dial got bumped and I was lucky to get this shot)

The absolute last bit of light breaks through the clouds to illuminate the mountains East of the Lamar River Valley in Yellowstone National Park. Captured with a Canon 5D II and 70-200/2.8L IS II in aperture priority mode with an exposure bias of - 1 at ISO400, f/7.1, and 1/400th of a second. The camera was handheld.

A member of the Lamar Canyon Wolf Pack sits atop a ridge in the Lamar Valley well after sunset. Captured with a Canon 7D and 500/4.0L IS in aperture priority mode with an exposure bias of + 7/3 at ISO1600, f/4.0, and 1/25th of a second. The camera was resting on a beanbag.

The Lamar Canyon Wolf Pack crosses the road in front of a truck hauling snowmobiles through the Lamar Valley in Yellowstone National Park. Captured with a Canon 7D and 500/4.0L IS + 1.4TC III in aperture priority mode with an exposure bias of + 4/3 at ISO400, f/7.1, and 1/800th of a second. The camera was mounted on a Gitzo 3540XLS and Induro GHB2 gimbal head with a custom long lens support.

The Lamar Canyon Wolf Pack feasts on an Elk carcass along the Lamar River in Yellowstone National Park. Captured with a Canon 7D and 500/4.0L IS + 1.4TC III in aperture priority mode with an exposure bias of + 4/3 at ISO200, f/7.1, and 1/125th of a second. The camera was mounted on a Gitzo 3540XLS and Induro GHB2 gimbal head with a custom long lens support.
Dave M. Shumway
--
http://DaveShumway.com
--

Return to “Other National Parks”