Bunsen Peak Hike- Yellowstone Park

Have you visited another National Park, you would like to share, although most are Glacier Fanatics, we love to visit any National Park, let us know about your experience here!

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Deb1741
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Bunsen Peak Hike- Yellowstone Park

Post by Deb1741 »

My grandson and I hiked to the top of Bunsen Peak on June 20th. The hike climbs 1,345 feet in 2.2 miles to the top of the peak which is 8,564 feet in elevation. We then hiked down the backside of the peak so we could hike to Osprey Falls. Once we got down to the bottom of the mountain we hiked about another 1/2 mile to the Osprey Falls trailhead and then it was another 1.4 miles down switchbacks that dropped you 800 feet to the bottom of the canyon and the base of the falls. The switchbacks were very steep, narrow, and slippery but very worth it as Osprey Falls are unbelievably beautiful. After climbing back up it was then another 4 miles around the base of Bunsen Peak on an old road to get back to our car.

Two videos I took with my little point and shoot. Click on the pics to view.

The link to my facebook album with other pics of the hike (I'm too lazy to upload them to photobucket)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 10a81724df
"There is no snooze button on a cat that wants breakfast" ~ unknown
"Today is your day, your mountain is waiting, so get on your way" ~ Dr. Suess
pitamakan
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Re: Bunsen Peak Hike- Yellowstone Park

Post by pitamakan »

I don't hike in Yellowstone too much, but the Bunsen Peak hike is one of my favorites. Great views up there, at least by Yellowstone standards!

Return to “Other National Parks”