Bear spray from glacier to canada

If you have questions, comment or experiences in Waterton Park in Canada, please post them in this section, although Glacier is the Focus, Waterton is the sister that has much to offer.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

scott-atl
Donator
Donator

Re: Bear spray from glacier to canada

Post by scott-atl »

thanks for the info. the issue is getting back in!
Tara
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Post by Tara »

I'm going to go back and edit my reply but I should have said that even if kids are traveling with one parent they should have a notarized letter from the other parent - even if the parents are married. We were advised to to do that.
llholmes1948
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by llholmes1948 »

Having good documentation when crossing the border with kids is not just for returning to the U.S. I have experienced situations where Canadian border authorities can be equally cautious about allowing people with kids to cross into Canada. If there has been an alert issued on a kidnapping or parental abduction, you can expect extra scrutiny (which is a good thing.)

Lyman
Tara
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Post by Tara »

Absolutely Lyman...I didn't mean to make it sound like coming back was when documentation was needed. It's just when we've had them question the kids and not allow us to talk :) . Documentation is a must for both directions. And I'm glad they are strict about it!

Return to “Waterton Park..”