Waterfalls

Glacier presents some great photographic opportunities, talk about it here.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Deb1741
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Waterfalls

Post by Deb1741 »

“There is a waterfall in every dream. Cool and crystal clear, it falls gently on the sleeper, cleansing the mind and soothing the soul." ― Virginia Alison

*photos taken by my grandson Braeden over the last few years on our annual August hiking trips to Glacier.

Deb
"There is no snooze button on a cat that wants breakfast" ~ unknown
"Today is your day, your mountain is waiting, so get on your way" ~ Dr. Suess
teapot57
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Moderator & 2.1 Donator

Re: Waterfalls

Post by teapot57 »

Your grandson is an excellent photographer! Thanks for sharing.

Tina
July Guy
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by July Guy »

:D :D
"So how was your trip to Minnesota, or Canada, or wherever it is you go?"

~ Coworker
Jay w
Gender?: Male

Post by Jay w »

Nice. After my heart.

Jay
The NSA...the only people in the government who listen.
PeteE
Gender?: Male

Post by PeteE »

Very nice deb!
Braeden certainly has a good eye for phtographs.
Y'all need to come earlier in the season some time---when the falls are really honkin' as we used to say down South 8)
Tell Braeden "Well Done"!!

pete :wink:
"If you are not curious, you will learn nothing" -Goethe-

"When you're born in this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show.
And when you're born in America, you're given a front row seat."

George Carlin
Deb1741

Post by Deb1741 »

Thanks for the compliments everyone. :D I will pass them on to my grandson.
PeteE wrote:Very nice deb!
Braeden certainly has a good eye for phtographs.
Y'all need to come earlier in the season some time---when the falls are really honkin' as we used to say down South 8)
Tell Braeden "Well Done"!!
pete :wink:
Thanks Pete,
I wish we could come earlier. Braeden's church camp at Lincoln is always the last week of July so we would have to come the third week of July which puts us at risk to increase snow on some of the trails we want to hike. Though that probably won't be an issue this year. :( This is Braeden's last year for church camp as he is graduating from high school. We're renting the cabin on Flathead Lake the week after his church camp again this year to celebrate his 18th birthday so will be in the Glacier area.

Braeden is working two jobs right now so getting extra time off this summer is going to be hard. He is taking 4 days off so we can do a shortened annual trip to Yellowstone Park the beginning of June and then he has to take another 3 days off at the end of June to attend freshmen orientation at MSU in Bozeman. And then two weeks off for church camp and Flathead. Right now I'm not planning anything in Glacier other than maybe killing ourselves with a Dawson/Pitamakin day hike. We leave the cabin at 11am on a Saturday and Braeden will have to be back to Billings by 6pm on Monday to work. I'm thinking that we might try to get a campsite at Two Medicine Saturday night so we can get up real early Sunday morning to hike the 19 miles. Crash Sunday night and take off real early Monday morning to drive back to Billings.

I'm sure hope that once he starts at the university we can continue to take our trips to Yellowstone and Glacier. He is the best camping, hiking, backpacking, and bear watching buddy a grandma could ever wish for so I am dreading going through withdrawals as he transitions into adulthood. :cry:

I will be retiring in 4 more years. My dream is to sell my house and move closer to the mountains. I would love to move to the Flathead/Glacier area but probably won't be able to afford it. My other choice is Red Lodge which is a tad more affordable. I need to win a lottery. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Deb
"There is no snooze button on a cat that wants breakfast" ~ unknown
"Today is your day, your mountain is waiting, so get on your way" ~ Dr. Suess
jamesdak
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by jamesdak »

Beautiful work, honestly. I too love shooting waterfalls and he's got a great eye.

I tell you, I'd move up there too if I could find a job that pays like what I've got. I keep looking though 'cause I'm downsizing my place so why not move farther north if possible.

Return to “Photography”