Rain is a good thing

Looking for weather information?

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Matt S.
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Rain is a good thing

Post by Matt S. »

It was great to see Glacier getting a good soaking yesterday and last night, and that the area has been relatively wet and cooler than normal. :D :D Whats happening in Colorado :cry: and the drought that is spreading across many parts of the U.S., its nice to see Glacier and the far NW getting wet weather, even if it impact camping. Back here at home in SE Wisconsin, we have had only .8" of rain since late April and many communities will decide by the weekend if the 4th of July fireworks will go off. Oh yeah, did I mention we are about to go into a 2 week heat wave. :evil: :evil: It would be nice if some of that rain in the NW can spread southward, but I think the pattern isn't changing. Let's hope for more rain in Glacier as the summer continues so that is no fire threat at all.
Pocketlint

Re: Rain is a good thing

Post by Pocketlint »

Rain is a good thing, but there's also "too much of a good thing" and imo that's what we have going on here lately.
The rainfall this June set an all time record for June. (As measured at the Kalispell airport)
We don't need anymore rain for now. And I doubt the park wants to see anymore either.
Lots of rain for too long spurs growth of grasses, sedges, shrubs, etc.
(I have to mow/weed whack 3 properties this week. They have grown out of control because of all the rain) :twisted:
Then when things dry out there's just that much more "fuel" for the July/August fire season.
Some reservoirs are at full pool....more runoff will cause problems.
So lots of rain can be a "mixed blessing".

Sooooo....That said I wish some of our rain would drop down to Colorado and places that need it far more than we do.
Those fires are really doing do serious damage and wrecking folks lives.

pocketlint :wink:
daveparker
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Re: Rain is a good thing

Post by daveparker »

Like it or hate it, there is nothing we can do about it!

Return to “Weather”