Two Medicine Webcam Temp Show 103F?

Looking for weather information?

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

KJRitchie
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Two Medicine Webcam Temp Show 103F?

Post by KJRitchie »

I check the NP webcams every day and I noticed today the the Two Medicine webcam temperature is showing 103F!

Is that thermometer just in a spot where it can't get accurate ambient temperatures? Weather.com shows East Glacier, MT at only 78F at the same time. Browning is 87F and Saint Mary is 88F on the webcam and it's official reading is 81F

I'm looking for some cooler weather. I'll be in Glacier the first week of August. I want to leave the heat in Texas.

Kelvin
Pocketlint

Re: Two Medicine Webcam Temp Show 103F?

Post by Pocketlint »

I strongly suspect that the thermometer sensor is located such that it is inaccurate.
Temps could well have been in the high 80's, maybe low 90's today down low at Two Med, but probably not much higher than that.
It's 90 now(4PM) in Whitefish. RH=27%
It'll probably be cooler here than Texas though :) and drier unless you live in West Texas.
East Texas like the Houston area sucks in the summer. It's like where I grew up in FL. Temps and humidity often BOTH pushing 90, with dew points over 70F which really sucks. You start sweating the instant you step outside of your air conditioned house...'cept we didn't have A/C growing up in central FL :( :(
So it should feel cooler here. And once above 6000ft or so it's usually not too bad.

pocketlint :wink:

Return to “Weather”