Looking for weather information?

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

llholmes1948
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

No Snow

Post by llholmes1948 »

I realize that the lack of snow along the highways in Montana may not correlate to low snowpack in the mountains but I recently looked at about 30 Montana DOT webcams from around the state.

There is virtually no snow :shock:

We have it all here in the Northeast.

I don't know how this compares to other winters in Montana and the Park could still see appreciable snowfall in April and May. However, the overall lack of snow in the West this winter could mean earlier trail openings and increased forest fire danger this summer.

Lyman
Last edited by llholmes1948 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
PeteE
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Re: No Snow

Post by PeteE »

And here I thought nobody was paying attention to the snow pack except me, Ralph, and a few others. :)
You're mighty right about the lack of snow cover.
Yeah there's still a decent amount of snow in some places like Jewel basin.
See the article and pics of the Bob Marshall area in this morning's Interlake taken by a private pilot.
And yeah sure, we could get a couple 4foot dumps between now and June...but the way this season is shaping up, I wouldn't bet my life on it.

pete :wink:

Heff936 and MissGuinness are in Essex this weekend. I'm going to have lunch with them here in WF tomorrow. I'll see what they say about the snow they saw there and on the trip over here.
"If you are not curious, you will learn nothing" -Goethe-

"When you're born in this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show.
And when you're born in America, you're given a front row seat."

George Carlin
daveparker
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Re: No Snow

Post by daveparker »

In looking at the predicted weather patterns, I am not holding hope out for much more snow this season, it has been way to dry and this summer could be very touch and go, unless things switch and we start getting some rains through at least the 4th of July. Most of the moisture has been going up and over us and then hitting the mid west and NE, not been a great years around here so far.

Return to “Weather”