Getting from Two Medicine to St. Mary

Transportation can be a challenge in Glacier. If you have ideas, offer ride shares, or used a commercial service that you were happy with, let everyone know. Also, ask questions about road information, or share road information you may have.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

vikinghiker
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Getting from Two Medicine to St. Mary

Post by vikinghiker »

We received our permit and we'll be backpacking from Red Eagle TH near St. Mary and exiting at Two Medicine. My question is how do we get between the two locations? My preference is always to hike back to the vehicle (so as not to be required to be out of the backcountry at a certain time in order to make a shuttle schedule), so the plan would be for one of us (most likely me) to drive from St. Mary to Two Medicine to leave the vehicle and then ??? back to St. Mary to meet the others. I've looked at the Xanterra hiker's shuttle for 2018 and it appears that it only travels between St. Mary and Many Glacier on the east side. I'm not opposed to hitching if that's the best option, I just don't want to rely on it if there's a better alternative. Thanks for any help you can provide.
al_in_al
Gender?: Female

Re: Getting from Two Medicine to St. Mary

Post by al_in_al »

Glacier Park Collection (formerly Glacier Park Inc) runs the St. Mary/Two Med/East Glacier Park shuttle.

https://www.glacierparkcollection.com/g ... e-shuttle/
vikinghiker
Gender?: Male

Re: Getting from Two Medicine to St. Mary

Post by vikinghiker »

al_in_al wrote:Glacier Park Collection (formerly Glacier Park Inc) runs the St. Mary/Two Med/East Glacier Park shuttle.

https://www.glacierparkcollection.com/g ... e-shuttle/
Thanks al_in_al. I didn't see Glacier Park Inc anymore, didn't realize they changed their name. This makes logistics very easy compared to what I've seen for other parts of the park.

Return to “Road Information and Transportation”