East Side Groceries

Transportation can be a challenge in Glacier. If you have ideas, offer ride shares, or used a commercial service that you were happy with, let everyone know. Also, ask questions about road information, or share road information you may have.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

danwadas55
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

East Side Groceries

Post by danwadas55 »

Hi all,
Hope this is the last post before our trip, but ran into a snag. I kinda forgot that even though we're flying from the US to Calgary and driving down to Many Glacier before starting our trip, we can't easily buy food in Canada and then drive across the border. We wanted to bring mainly the usual suspects - prepackaged instant oatmeal, bagels, dried fruit, cheese, salami, beef jerky, trail mix, instant coffee, mac n cheese, Knorr rice and noodle sides etc. But I suspect that some of those items could be problematic going from Canada back into the US. SO I think I might have to do my grocery shopping in the US. Where's my best bet for all of that? Head south to Browning? If so, what's your one-stop-shop go-to store there?
tibber
2.0 Donator
2.0 Donator
Gender?: Female

Re: East Side Groceries

Post by tibber »

There is a grocery store in St Mary's at the intersection of GTTSR. I find it adequate, not exceptional, but adequate. Otherwise Browning is a good choice.

They also have some really cool sunglasses that say Glacier National Park on them. If you see them, could you let me know what the manufacturer tag was on them as I'd like to get another pair.
teapot57
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Gender?: Female

Post by teapot57 »

You would likely have no problem buying the items you mentioned in Canada and bringing them across the border. They usually only ask about fresh meat and produce. You will pass a large Save on Foods in Fort MacLeod just before taking a right onto HWY 2 to Cardston and the border.
orin
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by orin »

In July I found the St Mary store to be underwhelming. So if you can't stop in Canada and end up hating the St Mary store your best bet is one of the two supermarkets in Browning. Teeples on the main drag is fine and there is another newer store I haven't been to. About 24 miles round trip from St Mary

Return to “Road Information and Transportation”