New business at Kiowa Junction

Have you had a good, bad or indifferent experience at a restaurant in the Glacier area? Let us know about it right here!

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

llholmes1948
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

New business at Kiowa Junction

Post by llholmes1948 »

A new business to open at Kiowa Junction in May. We will need a review!

For those who are not familiar with the location, Kiowa Junction is on the east side of the Park (just outside the Park) north of East Glacier and is at the intersection of Route 49 (Looking Glass Highway) and Route 89.

https://www.cutbankpioneerpress.com/gla ... f5815.html
tibber
2.0 Donator
2.0 Donator
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Re: New business at Kiowa Junction

Post by tibber »

llholmes1948 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:00 pm A new business to open at Kiowa Junction in May. We will need a review!

For those who are not familiar with the location, Kiowa Junction is on the east side of the Park (just outside the Park) north of East Glacier and is at the intersection of Route 49 (Looking Glass Highway) and Route 89.

I was wondering what was going on. I do hope it does well but I think people are going to still say Kiowa Merc. Best of all: Huckleberry :bear: Claws; altho the West Glacier KOA cafe does a nice job with theirs.
al_in_al
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Post by al_in_al »

llholmes1948 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:00 pm A new business to open at Kiowa Junction in May. We will need a review!

That's exciting! Very much looking forward to getting some bearclaws this year, and curious about the hiking trails mentioned.
llholmes1948
Donator
Donator

Post by llholmes1948 »

Although I didn't frequently drive that section of Route 89 I don't seem to remember the Kiowa Merc at all. Perhaps some years that I was in the Park it was not open.
orin

Post by orin »

When I was growing up in the 60s, the family would go to Glacier two or three weekends each summer. We passed the store and motel/cabins many times on the way to Saint Mary although I don’t recall ever stopping. At some point it closed and then slowly began returning to nature which I guess is the way the new owners found it. Highway 89 has been remodeled so much that the whole area looks a lot different than when I first saw it.

Return to “Restaurant Reviews and Recomendations”