Hiking Partners for Glacier NP Mid Aug'24

A place to talk about Glacier in general, if you have something that is political, please post it in the "Politics" section of the chat system.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

eldpa
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Hiking Partners for Glacier NP Mid Aug'24

Post by eldpa »

I'm looking for a(some) hiking partner(s) for one or more day hike(s) in GNP mid to late August 2024. I'm arriving in West Glacier August 16 and will be there for almost two weeks. I'm planning on Siyeh Pass and Swiftcurrent Mountain Lookout plus more. I had a great time in 2022 when I met a couple of hikers on the shuttle and we did to Piegan Pass and back together, but this year maybe I can find someone before the shuttle! I'm a married older guy in great shape and an experienced hiker.
FuzzySideDown
Site Admin & Donator
Site Admin & Donator

Re: Hiking Partners for Glacier NP Mid Aug'24

Post by FuzzySideDown »

eldpa wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:52 am I'm looking for a(some) hiking partner(s) for one or more day hike(s) in GNP mid to late August 2024. I'm arriving in West Glacier August 16 and will be
Hi Eldpa.... Welcome to Glacier Park Chat! There will be a group of us from here near your time, but I'm afraid we'll be a week late and mostly near Sperry. I'm sure someone will be in the area around then though.

If you need your post moved into the Trip Dates category, that requires users to be logged in to see it, just let me know...

Welcome!
Cheers!
Kyle...
🧊🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
eldpa

Post by eldpa »

Kyle,
Thanks. If you think the post would be better off in the "Trip Dates" category, YES, please move it. I am just learning how and what about your forum so I'm not at all proficient in its use nor familiar with the various categories. I'll be going through the FAQs to get up to a better speed.
Thank you for the great forum!
Gene
FuzzySideDown
Site Admin & Donator
Site Admin & Donator

Post by FuzzySideDown »

Hey there Gene.... Right on! There's a lot of great information provided by a lot of great people here over the years. And there's some new features in the works as well. Slow but sure.. :thumbs_up: Yea.. Hockey Ref's FAQ on the park is an excellent source of info on the park! The FAQ link at the top is probably a little more generic on the board itself and could need some updates on specifics but should also be good to get started. Yell if you have any questions on things...

As for the best location for your post, that's a tough call. I'm not actually sure.. Traditionally, I believe those sorts of posts did go into the Trip Dates category as some folks might be a bit more apt to reply about trip details ahead of time in a category that required you to be logged in to see, though you may get more folks to see it in the more public category where you are at now. I guess I'd probably say lets leave it for now and we can always move it later if needed.

Thanks Gene!
Cheers!

Kyle...
🧊🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Return to “General Glacier Discussion”