us parks chat page

A place to talk about Glacier in general, if you have something that is political, please post it in the "Politics" section of the chat system.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

scott-atl
Donator
Donator

us parks chat page

Post by scott-atl »

will the us parks glacier chat page ever be resurrected?
Dave Parker
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by Dave Parker »

Scott,

I know that John has worked on some of his pages, but based on what I have seen in his limited time allocation, I don't anticipate seeing it come back online anytime soon, the software he is using to run his parks chats is very old and thus very prone to attacks and spam, myself, I like this format much better and have set it up so anyone can post, but it still allows me or Tara to delete or ban bad situations very quickly, in addition to be able to key on particular subjects easier that people may be looking for..

Dave
scott-atl
Donator
Donator

glacier chat

Post by scott-atl »

dave,
really appreciate the work and time by you and tara. for whatever reason this forum is not as liquid or freewheeling as the predesessor. still a great service by y'all.
good story in the wallstreet journal today about a lost flier that crashed in flathead lake in the '60's. i'll be out there late tommorrow night.
Dave Parker
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by Dave Parker »

Ya them finding that airplane was quite the talk around here for a couple of days, I have not heard anything more, I know they were waiting for the Navy before they started doing any work on recovering the remains that may still be down there, I know they did not disclose the exact location because of fear of treasure type hunters, it will be interesting to see what transpires over the next few weeks.

Hope you have a great trip.

Dave

Return to “General Glacier Discussion”