Storing extra luggage?

Let everyone know about your camping experience in the park.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

cmhanse24
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Storing extra luggage?

Post by cmhanse24 »

We are planning a 5 day backcountry trip for this summer. We are flying into FCA and will be taking a shuttle to the park. Since we won't have a rental car to store our extra luggage - does anyone have an idea where we can store it? I don't want to carry extra outfits and toiletries reserved for the other parts of our Montana trip. Maybe storage lockers at the airport or at one of the lodges? Thanks!
ManyGlacierSean
Gender?: Male

Re: Storing extra luggage?

Post by ManyGlacierSean »

Where are you going in the park? And how much luggage are we talking?
He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary - Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra
cmhanse24
Gender?: Female

Post by cmhanse24 »

We are flying into Glacier Int. Airport (FCA), taking a shuttle to Apgar. Then riding the Sun Bus to Logan's Pass area. There we will start our backcountry hiking for 5-6 days. Afterward, we will do the reverse trip back to FCA. From there we are taking a bus to Missoula to meet friends for the remaining part of the trip. So we would like to store our Missoula extras somewhere and not have to hike with them in GNP.
ManyGlacierSean

Hmmm, well I was gonna say if you are headed to the Many Glacier area that you could store it with me... but looks like I won't be able to help you out. You may want to check out any storage facilities in Kalispell or Whitefish and see if they have short-term deals... or you could do the airport locker thing. Where in the park are you trying to go on your backpacking trip?
He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary - Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra
lcrans
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by lcrans »

cmhanse24 wrote:We are flying into Glacier Int. Airport (FCA), taking a shuttle to Apgar. Then riding the Sun Bus to Logan's Pass area. There we will start our backcountry hiking for 5-6 days. Afterward, we will do the reverse trip back to FCA. From there we are taking a bus to Missoula to meet friends for the remaining part of the trip. So we would like to store our Missoula extras somewhere and not have to hike with them in GNP.
If we can work out the timing, I maybe could meet you at the airport, get you to the Pass, store your stuff, and get you to your bus.. I'm local....live in Bigfork, and look for interesting reasons to get to the park!!
Larry C.
Echo Lake

"Here is where God sat when he made America...", (Tom Dillon, 1912)
fendleroc

Post by fendleroc »

Hello

I'll be staying in Many glacier hotel 3 days followed by one night in Granite chalet and Unfortunately, there's nothing to store luggage during our two days of hiking.

Organisation isn't quite good...
ManyGlacierSean

Fenderloc... how much luggage? I work at Many Glacier and might be able to help you out.
distressbark

Post by distressbark »

fendleroc wrote:Hello

I'll be staying in Many glacier hotel 3 days followed by one night in Granite chalet and Unfortunately, there's nothing to store luggage during our two days of hiking.

Organisation isn't quite good...

If you're staying at the hotel, it's no problem. Talk to the bell staff prior to your departure, and we'll be able to store your luggage for your overnight trip to Granite Park. We have a locked storage room that can hold quite a bit of luggage. Hope this helps!
- anders

"And what do the birds say? All there is to say about a massacre, things like Poo-tee-weet?"
- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse-Five
fendleroc

Post by fendleroc »

distressbark wrote:If you're staying at the hotel, it's no problem. Talk to the bell staff prior to your departure, and we'll be able to store your luggage for your overnight trip to Granite Park. We have a locked storage room that can hold quite a bit of luggage. Hope this helps!
Thanks a lot

Return to “Camping”