North Fork October 4th 2012

Glacier presents some great photographic opportunities, talk about it here.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

netresult
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Re: North Fork October 4th 2012

Post by netresult »

Pete, I believe you could have downloaded a free file converter, which would have allowed you to keep that camera and still use windows moviemaker. Those were some very nice shots with p & s.
Pocketlint

Post by Pocketlint »

Thanks, I know about converters. I have one that would work. Conversion programs are a hassle imo.
However, that's only part of the problem.
The other major issue was memory capacity. The Panasonic limits me to 30 minutes of video. That's 100% unacceptable for me.
Like I said, I shud have read the fine print 8)

pocketlint :wink:
netresult

Post by netresult »

Now I see, I haven't used the file converter yet myself, I was just reading about one today that I may need to use to edit some video from my new toy(GoPro hero camera). BTW, Costco had them for $100.00 off regular price for $199.00.
pitamakan

Post by pitamakan »

A GoPro on sale at Costco???? Hmm ..... :)
Jen

Post by Jen »

If ANYONE could get their moneys worth out of a GoPro Hero, it is YOU, PL! :arrow: 8) :arrow: 8) :arrow:
Pocketlint

Post by Pocketlint »

I bought a GoPro back in the March of 2011 after I managed to leave my P&S camera lying on the truck box lid as I drove off from some rest area near Marias Pass.
Nice lil cameras--GoPros are.
If I were buying one today I would get the LCD viewer for it.
A stick on "bubble level" mounted on the clear plastic housing helps keep it oriented correctly minimizing distortion from the wide angle lens--if that's important to you.
They have lots of good accessories for the GoPro. Great camera used within its limitations.
I used my suction cup window mount on the windshield yesterday driving back and forth to Helena.
My intention being to make a video comprised of images taken every 2 seconds on the drive between Avon and Ovando using MT141, Powell County 271 to Helmville, Ovando-Helmville Road to Ovando on MT200 ....a really beautiful drive through quintessential Montana "ranch country".
Bonehead that I am, I didn't have it pointed high enough....
so I had 3000+ images about 1/2 of which were of Squeeze's filthy engine "hood" :(
Someday I want to do a "real time" video with that cam on the windshield as I drive MT49 going South...kinda fast one early AM before the sun is all the way up :).
Then put Foggy Mountain Breakdown on the sound track.
:arrow:

pocketlint :wink:

PS
I dropped my GoPro Cam spare battery in Avalanche Creek in December of 2011
I'm kinda hard on camera stuff. 8)

Sunrise as I left yesterday AM

Nevada Reservoir supplies water to the ranches on that drive I described above. It's is very low as you can see here. 1/4 mile + at the Southern end is mud flats
debbyn
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by debbyn »

Hey Pocket Lint, my brother works at Costco's electronics counter. he may have helped you .
Deb

Return to “Photography”