John & Kristin's first wedding anniversary-May 20, 2007

Well, tell us how your trip went. We all want to hear about your special experience.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

mtmzfan
Please add the numbers(11): 0

John & Kristin's first wedding anniversary-May 20, 2007

Post by mtmzfan »

Ok, so the plan was to take the canoe to Lake MacDonald and paddle out to some romantice secluded site and have a picnic lunch and then spend the night camping at Apgar.

But, the weather didn't agree with us. Friday it was 84 degrees and beautiful here in the Flathead and Saturday it was 54 degrees, windy and on & off rain. Besides, the canoe on the top of the truck made a loud buzzing noise that made it feel like the truck was trying to take off the ground. So, we ditched the canoe at my parents house and went up to Apgar just in case it decided to stop raining.

We got to the park around 2 pm-ish and it was actually not that bad. We decided to stay and camp (in C-150 of the Apgar Campground..just in case you were wondering). We put up the tent just in time to climb in and take a 2 or 3 hour nap while it was raining. After we woke up we walked down to the village only to find that Lake MacDonald was like glass. I was soooo bummed that we didn't bring the canoe. But of course, one thing anyone who's been here should know...you can't depend on the weather here. In fact, while we were on our walk, the wind picked up and it started to rain again.

The rain didn't last long and we actually had a pretty decent night as far as camping in May goes.

This morning we got up and ate breakfast at the restaurant in West Glacier (we were going to have french toast at the campsite, but I forgot the syrup..oops). It was very tasty. Then we drove up to Polebridge because I had never been there...and being a native of Kalispell...that's pretty sad. It was beautiful. We continued on to Bowman Lake and we decided we HAVE to camp there next (and bring the canoe!!). Worth the drive, for sure.

All in all...it was a pretty decent way to start our 2nd year of marriage! :)

Kristin in Montana
Rose
Donator
Donator

Post by Rose »

Great photos Kristin.... they just make me wish it were closer to the end of August!

Congratulations on your anniversary and what a great way to start year #2!

You'll definitely have to spend more time in the park and continue to post photos for those of us who can only get there once a year when we have to raid the savings account to buy airline tickets! :shock:
~Dreams Often Become Realities~
July Guy
Donator
Donator

Post by July Guy »

Thanks for the fresh pictures. Take some more the next time you head to the park. My folks live in Kalispell and they rairly ever go the the park, let alone take pictures. It's frustrating--- :roll:
mtmzfan

Post by mtmzfan »

Hi Rose! I will do my best!

Since finding this website, I have a new appreciation for Glacier. I see it everyday through the canyon from the Flathead Valley, and I always admire and am amazed by the peaks. It never occurded to me that people would spend thousands of dollars to get here and can't wait to get back. Thanks for giving me this new appreciation. :)

Kristin
Stevo

Post by Stevo »

Thanks Kristin and John! My addiction is growing worse with pictures like these, can't August be any sooner?

Return to “Trip Reports”