St. Mary NPS Campground - Showers

Let everyone know about your camping experience in the park.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

mrcub14
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

St. Mary NPS Campground - Showers

Post by mrcub14 »

The St. Mary NPS campground now has 4 showers located in the C loop, around site C-148. It looks like they renovated one of the old bathroom houses in C loop and added on a new building with the showers. You get one token per person per campsite per day from the entry station. Hours are 7:30 AM - 8:30 PM, you get 5 minutes. The two showers on the outside of the building are water saving showers that shut off after about 30 or 45 seconds until you push the button to restart them again. The 2 on the inside of the building are traditional shower heads. It's nice not to have to drive to Many Glacier or Rising Sun for a shower if you're staying in St. Mary. I haven't seen it mentioned on the board, so I thought I'd post.

Nick
Pocketlint

Re: St. Mary NPS Campground - Showers

Post by Pocketlint »

Welcome to the chat MrCub!
I wasn't aware of that change.
A hot shower always feels great after a long day hiking :)

pocketlint :wink:
Stmarypete
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Post by Stmarypete »

This is great information! It's about time they put some showers in St Mary CG. I have been staying at Rising Sun for the last 10 yrs just for the showers, and of course the peace and quiet, and view, and locatioon. Anyway still great news.
jamesdak
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by jamesdak »

Awesome, I have stayed there in the past and yeah it was a pain having to go elsewhere to shower. Of course a dip in the creek or lake each day helped but man is that water cold!!

Return to “Camping”