Sperry

Well, tell us how your trip went. We all want to hear about your special experience.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

MT excited
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Sperry

Post by MT excited »

Just got back from a fabulous week in GNP. Checked zip lining off the list in Whitefish and had a great dinner at Kandahar Cafe on August 3. August 4th hiked up to Sperry Chatlet for 2 nights, oh the sacrifices to be in the backcountry. Sure.
August 5 the hiked upto Sperry Glacier. Just a fabulous hike. When we reached Akyaiyan Lake we spotted a Grizzly on a ridge above the lake. In a few short minutes he went up the stairs and up onto the skyline at Comeau Pass. It was the perfect situation to spot a Grizzly, a little distance but close enough to see details and running away from us. We then hiked to the glacier . A little too hazy from west coast fires but the views are great up there.
Back down and show our friend who was a first time visitor the car version of the park. She is hooked and we are planning a backcountry backpack trip next year. My wife and myself live in MT so we will be back in a couple weeks. What a great place.
isleroyaleguy
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Re: Sperry

Post by isleroyaleguy »

Sounds like you had a great time. Ya, next time you will have to do a full on backpack trip.
We had a grizz climb up the stairs at Comeau Pass just minutes before we did. And the same trip we had another grizzly go over Gunsight Pass when we inside the stone shelter.
I'm sure you will have many more great GNP experiences now you live so close.
Enjoy!

IRG

Return to “Trip Reports”