My Glacier Trip

Well, tell us how your trip went. We all want to hear about your special experience.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Mooleytuna
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

My Glacier Trip

Post by Mooleytuna »

My Trip was short lived.. We Arrived on Sunday OCT 2 to Apgar Campground.. came in the east side went through Going to the sun road.. (AMAZING)..

We basically hiked a couple short ones over on the west side and figured we do something big the next day on the east side...

Monday Morning we left Apgar early to head for Many Glacier .. When we got there we looked around at the many glacier campground .. being in Primitive state we didn't really care for it. so we head up to do a couple trails to make the 30 dollars worth it..

THIS IS WHERE IT ALL CHANGED FOR US...

Earlier Monday morning i got on my phone and someone shared a video of a guy that got mauled by a grizzly 2x in the same day South of glacier .. said he Sprayed his Bear spray and it didn't work.. and his injuries looked horrible to me..

So this put me into a "I don't know man" kinda mood.. Since it was just me and my g/f and our lack of experience really got my nervous.

While we were hiking to Red Rock Falls we kept saying "Hey Bear" or anything that came to mind to let them know we were coming.. We stopped for a min on the trail and in the THICK trees we couldn't see though something made one hell of a noise.. and both of us looked at each other like "Oh Sh*T" So we decided that we'll come back with a group of people lol..

Bear country isn't for me.. I watched people go up the trails ALONE.. and with No Preparations.. But I'm not that guy.. I'm sure nothing would of happened to us.. but i honestly couldn't relax to take in the beauty..

Right when we got back to Cell signal i decided to research the Glacier bear attacks.. and just so happened to be .. A RANGER was picking huckleberries near "RED ROCK FALLS" (The area we were).. And got attacked by a Grizzly 1 month ago.. NOPE! :shock:

Long story short! I LOVED IT THERE I will 100% for sure be back........... With friends lol!

Thank you to anyone who helped me get ready for the trip.. I appreciate it all!!

I'll see you next year glacier!

Dustin
MarxMN
2.1 Donator
2.1 Donator

Re: My Glacier Trip

Post by MarxMN »

Sorry the hiking did not work out. You need to be comfortable hiking in Glacier to do it. Hiking with a larger group or with more people around would be a better way to start.
Mooleytuna

Re: My Glacier Trip

Post by Mooleytuna »

MarxMN wrote:Sorry the hiking did not work out. You need to be comfortable hiking in Glacier to do it. Hiking with a larger group or with more people around would be a better way to start.
Thats the plan.. I didn't give up .. i just didn't feel right.. and i know that because when we got to South Dakota.. we hiked allll day long saw all kinds of wildlife and i loved every min of it..

I'll be back to Glacier i have to hike to Swiftcurrent Lookout.. its a goal i have now.. !!

Return to “Trip Reports”