Post Northern Circle lodging

General Lodging information.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

bigbark
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post Northern Circle lodging

Post by bigbark »

We're staying in Many Glacier lodge prior to tackling the Northern Circle. After finishing, we can stay in Many Glacier again or drive over to Lake McDonald for the night. Staying in McDonald would shorten our drive to the airport the following day and allow us to see a different area of the park, albeit briefly.

Is it worth making the drive over to Lake McDonald lodge, or would you stay put at Many Glacier and relax?
daveparker
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by daveparker »

I think the west side of the park is worth the effort, entirely different type of environment, both side of the park offer a very diverse type of activities as well as beauty..

Depends on which day you want to drive shorter I guess..Take into account, I am one of the very Few Westies on the board, my favorite part of the park.

:D

Dave
Hockey Ref
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Post by Hockey Ref »

I think it will depend on what time you think you'd be done in the backcountry and what your schedule is for the next day. If you're going to be late coming "out of the woods," so to speak, and you have plenty of time the next day to get to the airport, you could spend the following morning on a leisurely drive over the GTTS Road. On the other hand, if you are coming out of the woods early in the day, you might want to go ahead and drive over, settle in at Lake McD, and just relax from there.

You really can't go wrong wither way.
Hockey Ref

"No man lies on his death bed wishing he'd spent more time at the office...or getting chemo."

Return to “Lodging”