Glacier TRs from 2000, 2002, & 2004

Well, tell us how your trip went. We all want to hear about your special experience.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

pasqualli
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Glacier TRs from 2000, 2002, & 2004

Post by pasqualli »

Since I'm new around here I thought I'd post links to TR's that I have up from trips to Glacier in 2000, 2002, and 2004.

Consider those as my "hello". :D
TXdoug

Post by TXdoug »

Welcome ...Welcome, Randy :D You are a wonderful addition to this group of Glacier Addicts :D Thanks for sharing your AWESOME website, Randy :D
Stevo

Post by Stevo »

Hello and welcome! You're website is great, I like how you've added topo maps along with pictures from each day to add with the narration.
pasqualli

Post by pasqualli »

Thank you both, I'm glad to be here. :D
smokies_hiker

Post by smokies_hiker »

"Me too!" on the the "great websites" comments. The maps are really nice to help focus me (a relative newbie). The detailed description makes me feel like I was tagging along with you. Thanks!
Paraphrasing John Lennon: Life is what happens while you're planning on going hiking.
B2Randolph
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

WOW

Post by B2Randolph »

My hubby is going to kill me. I started reading and then couldn't quit. I want to go to Glacier, NOW!

Fantastic website and thanks for the narrative. If only,
Tara
Gender?: Female

Post by Tara »

Wow...those ARE great reports! What a great site you've put together! Welcome, and thanks for sharing that!
pasqualli

Post by pasqualli »

The maps are really nice to help focus me (a relative newbie). The detailed description makes me feel like I was tagging along with you.
That's the goal, glad they helped!
I want to go to Glacier, NOW!
:D That's not a bad thing. :D
Welcome, and thanks for sharing that!
Thanks, and you're welcome. :D
TNsoccer07

Post by TNsoccer07 »

I will echo the others when I say, "WOW!" You have some great pictures and your site is very informative and easy to navigate. I commend you! BTW, would you prefer one of these routes over the other ones, or do you think they are equally scenic? I was just wondering. Most people would say everything is so beautiful that there's no way to choose, but I was just curious whether you had a favorite.

Sean
pasqualli

Post by pasqualli »

TNsoccer07 wrote: BTW, would you prefer one of these routes over the other ones, or do you think they are equally scenic? I was just wondering. Most people would say everything is so beautiful that there's no way to choose, but I was just curious whether you had a favorite.
If I had to choose 1 trip for overall scenary, I'd say the 2000 trip, Swiftcurrent to Bowman Lake was the "best", especially with the side trip up to Boulder Pass (I should note that this was my first real backpacking trip as an adult, so it's possible my overall memory of the trip is slightly tainted :lol:). Red Eagle down to Walton probably had the best 1 day stretch, that being from Pit Pass to Dawson Pass which, IMO, is the best stretch of trail in the entire park (and I've hiked almost every trail). The Goat Haunt to Lake McDonald trip was probably my least favorite, but a lot of that had to do with the crappy weather. But they were all spectacular and comparing them is like comparing your 3 favorite flavors of ice cream, you simply can't go wrong. :D (I should add too, that I've rehiked almost every mile of trail of all of the trips since I took them, so I have seen those trails at least 2 times if not more).
Jay w
Gender?: Male

Post by Jay w »

Excellent stuff. Really excellent. Thanks for putting it up.

Jay

Return to “Trip Reports”