Photobucket.com question

Glacier presents some great photographic opportunities, talk about it here.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Rose
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Photobucket.com question

Post by Rose »

I have just become a new photobucket.com member last night and have added a few test photos.

When I do a search using something in the title of my photos, none of them appear... such as Cracker Lake. I have a photo named Cracker Lake in a sub-album named Glacier National Park 2005, but if I enter either Cracker Lake or Glacier National Park to search by, none of my photos appear. The account is set for public viewing.

Anyone have suggestions as to what I have done (or am doing) wrong?

Many thanks,
Rose :(
Hockey Ref
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Post by Hockey Ref »

I can't speak to your specific problem, but something similar happened to my photos in that they are no longer "searchable." Apparently, if no one accesses your album at least every 30 days, the album is taken down, so even if you search for it by name, it won't appear. That happened to my stuff. So if nothing else, you have to go to your own album yourself at least once a month to keep it active. Fortunately, I had the link to my original album, and I can still get to it that way, but anyone who does a "Glacier National Park" search won't find it.

However, since you just posted your images yesterday, this wouldn't apply. I just thought I'd warn others about my experience. My apologies for not being able to assist.
Hockey Ref

"No man lies on his death bed wishing he'd spent more time at the office...or getting chemo."
Rose
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by Rose »

Hockey Ref:

Some of your images came up when I did the search on Glacier National Park. I remembered them from the time when you had posted a link on here and I had looked at all of them.

I have gone through this today I don't know how many times and I have no clue as to what I have done wrong. Oh well! I will keep trying. :(

Thanks for the heads up though. I will be sure to set a reminder to go in at least once a month so I don't forget.

Rose

Return to “Photography”