East Glacier Lodging

General Lodging information.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Stevo

East Glacier Lodging

Post by Stevo »

Can someone recommend lodging for me. In the past I've always stayed at the East Glacier Motel and Cabins. I'd like to try something different but stay close to their prices and have a kitchette if possible. East Glacier offers me two things that I greatly enjoy, the obvious one being the park. The second one being the railroad, I'm a nut about trains and like to photograph them as much as natures scenery. Thanks all!

:)
Squilax
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Re: East Glacier Lodging

Post by Squilax »

Stevo wrote:East Glacier offers me two things that I greatly enjoy, the obvious one being the park. The second one being the railroad, I'm a nut about trains and like to photograph them as much as natures scenery. Thanks all!

:)
Check out this post: http://glacierparkchat.com/chat/viewtopic.php?t=33
I've stayed there and it's right across the street from the train station.
Jen

Whistling Swan Motel

Post by Jen »

The Whistling Swan is also right across the street. The owner, Mark, also owns The Glacier Park Trading Co. A real nice fellow.

http://whistlingswanmotel.com/
Stevo

Post by Stevo »

Thanks again guys. Jen what can you tell me about Whistling Swan? I guess what I'd like to know most, is what the kitchenette is like. All I see in the picture is an electric range and a sink. What else is there?
Jen

Post by Jen »

Jen what can you tell me about Whistling Swan? I guess what I'd like to know most, is what the kitchenette is like. All I see in the picture is an electric range and a sink. What else is there?

SteveO,
When we stayed, we did not have the kitchenette so I can not help you out there. Give Mark a call. He will readily answer any questions you may have. When we were there in '98 he helped us out of a real jam with a rental car. You might also check into Jacobson's Cottages. I never stayed there but I know a lot of people were recommending them when I inquired about lodging last year. Can anyone help with Jacobson's?
flatlander
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Jacobsons

Post by flatlander »

Jacobson's has always been our 1st choice in East Glacier. We have not stayed in the kitchenette units, but I am sure they are offered. Jacobson's is exceptionally clean, reasonably priced, and very friendly service ... we felt like family. All units are standalone for quiet and privacy, in a nicely landsacaped setting.

Return to “Lodging”